[SOLVED] Hard disk sounds like when I turn the PC Off and On Randomly

AlexIsHere

Commendable
Feb 5, 2021
Hello! I am having little issues with my Hard Disk, Not like it's a problem, but it is a bit frustrating. So my Hard disk sounds like when I turn off and back on my PC. Indeed, this occurs randomly and I am not sure why is this happening. As far as I know, I've been using another cable from it and got fixed. But now it is keep doing this sound each time. Do I need to change the cable or the Hard Disk? (Sorry for my bad English, If you didn't understand anything I typed just tell me)

Solution
Great Idea, But still I don't have any issues with it. So maybe I should wait for others to see what they say and if that can fix my problem.

New noises on a hard drive generally mean it's starting to fail. Nothing's guaranteeing it will; there's the potential for it to run for years yet. But I wouldn't bet on it. If you don't replace, at least make sure you're backing up your important data. You can also check S.M.A.R.T. data (Crystaldiskinfo has a very comprehensive report), but impending failures don't always show up.

80-watt Hamster

Honorable
Oct 9, 2014
Great Idea, But still I don't have any issues with it. So maybe I should wait for others to see what they say and if that can fix my problem.

New noises on a hard drive generally mean it's starting to fail. Nothing's guaranteeing it will; there's the potential for it to run for years yet. But I wouldn't bet on it. If you don't replace, at least make sure you're backing up your important data. You can also check S.M.A.R.T. data (Crystaldiskinfo has a very comprehensive report), but impending failures don't always show up.

Reactions: Jacklope
Solution

Jacklope

Reputable
Jan 17, 2021
crystaldiskinfo or HDD Sentinel