Hard drive accidentally set to MBR. Shows up in BIOS, but not in File Explorer

Dec 21, 2020
My dad got a new hard drive. He accidentally set it to MBR. Whenever he plugs it in, it asks to format it, but it doesn't work saying that "check to see that the disk and drive are connected properly." We've tested his dock with his other drives and it works perfectly fine, so the thing he's using to connect the drive isn't the problem.

I can see it in file explorer when it is first plugged in, but if I close the popup to format the drive, it won't show up in file explorer anymore. The drive also doesn't show up in disk management.

The only times I can see it is in BIOS or in device manager. Is there any way I can set it to GPT properly so it can be used? Or is there another way to get it to work?

My dad got a new hard drive. He accidentally set it to MBR. Whenever he plugs it in, it asks to format it, but it doesn't work saying that "check to see that the disk and drive are connected properly." We've tested his dock with his other drives and it works perfectly fine, so the thing he's using to connect the drive isn't the problem.

I can see it in file explorer when it is first plugged in, but if I close the popup to format the drive, it won't show up in file explorer anymore. The drive also doesn't show up in disk management.

The only times I can see it is in BIOS or in device manager. Is there any way I can set it to GPT properly so it can be used? Or is there another way to get it to work?
https://www.thewindowsclub.com/convert-mbr-to-gpt-disk