[SOLVED] Hard Drive "Device not migrated"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 5, 2018
Hello, I'm having trouble with a new hard drive I got for my Desktop. The main issue is that the disk doesn't show up on the main file explorer screen, and when I go into device manager and find the disk, it says "Device not migrated." I looked up what this means and found that it's either because it's a damaged device (which is brand new) or that it's not compatible with my motherboard. I looked up my motherboard (an MSI B350 Tomahawk) and what it's compatible with and it says that it should work with my new hard drive (which is a Western Digital WD30EZRX-00SPEB0, 3 TB). I also found that you can try fixing the issue with the command prompt using "sfc /scannow", running it using administrative privileges and a restart but that didn't find any errors or fix my problem. Another thing I tried was switching the data cable slot it was plugged into on the mobo but that didn't do anything either, the SATA cables I'm using are all new so I don't think those are the issue either. I'm hoping someone can help me. The rest of my specs are as follows:

MSI B350 Tomahawk
Ryzen 5 1600X
Samsung 250GB SSD
Toshiba 1TB HDD
2 X Vengeance 4GB 2666mhz RAM
GTX 1070 TI 6GB GPU

Dec 5, 2018
If you end up having this issue, I figured it out. What I ended up doing was going into computer management by: right clicking on This PC on the file explorer > click Manage > double click Storage > Disk Management > then it should come up with your volumes. At this screen, all you have to do is right click the hard drive volume that says "Unallocated," then you select create volume. It'll take you through a setup wizard and then you should be able to see your new volume on the main file explorer screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.