[SOLVED] Hard drive Error F:/"is not accessible. the parameter is incorrect"

Feb 16, 2021
I used my external hard drive on my windows 7 computer to store my photos and videos. When I bought a new smart TV I connected the same hard drive to the TV and am able to view and play the stored content. The problem then arose when I reconnected the hard drive back to my computer. I now can not access my hard drive unless I format it but I do not want to loss what I have saved on it. The error I get is F:/"is not accessible. the parameter is incorrect" & "the volume does not contain a recognised file system. Please make sure that all required file system drivers are loaded and that the volume is not corrupt" I have run Disk Management and it shows the File System as RAW Status Healthy (Active, Primary Partition) I know nothing about computers but hope that someone will be able to give me an idiots guide to rectify this problem. I have tried Recuva & EaseUS data recovery software but nothing has worked. HELP

Solution
first you can try right-clicking on the drive in Windows, selecting the "Tools" tab, then select the "Check" option in the "Error Checking" section.

if this returns no fixable errors;

open a command prompt as an administrator. to do this just type "command prompt" while the Windows Start screen is open and it should open a search screen showing the option to run as administrator.

in the command prompt window, type:
"chkdsk e: /f"
without quotes, where "e" represents the drive letter of the specific drive you want to scan and fix. just replace the "e" with your drive letter.
this should find and fix any common disk errors.
first you can try right-clicking on the drive in Windows, selecting the "Tools" tab, then select the "Check" option in the "Error Checking" section.

if this returns no fixable errors;

open a command prompt as an administrator. to do this just type "command prompt" while the Windows Start screen is open and it should open a search screen showing the option to run as administrator.

in the command prompt window, type:
"chkdsk e: /f"
without quotes, where "e" represents the drive letter of the specific drive you want to scan and fix. just replace the "e" with your drive letter.
this should find and fix any common disk errors.

Solution