Hard Drive issues

Jan 20, 2019
Hi all!

I recently spilled something on my preadator 15 keyboard. Yikes.

Immediately I shut it off and dried it.
Started it up and a few keys were messed up. No clue how to fix these so I disassembled the laptop and put it back together after realizing you can't get to the keys from the back. -.-

After reassembly I had a no boot device error. I installed Windows via USB and got it up and running. My SSHD is showing but my 1TB is not.
It shows up on BIOS but not under device manager. I saw that it could be a SATA issue so I attempted to download the correct driver's from ACERs website but received errors for everything I did.

I am now attempting a reset in case I may have messed something up. I taught all of myself this today so you may have to paint pictures with crayons to help me lol.

At some point I got to a setting in Bios where I could change the GB per drive and I may have messed something up? I will be purchasing a new HD tomorrow to try another solution. Was hoping to save $50.

Thoughts?

Jan 20, 2019
MERGED QUESTION
Question from pked : "Hard Drive issues"

Hi all!

I recently spilled something on my predator 15 keyboard. Yikes.

Immediately I shut it off and dried it.
Started it up and a few keys were messed up. No clue how to fix these so I disassembled the laptop and put it back together after realizing you can't get to the keys from the back. -.-

After reassembly I had a no boot device error. I installed Windows via USB and got it up and running. My SSHD is showing but my 1TB is not.
It shows up on BIOS but not under device manager. I saw that it could be a SATA issue so I attempted to download the correct driver's from ACERs website but received errors for everything I did.

I am now attempting a reset in case I may have messed something up. I taught all of myself this today so you may have to paint pictures with crayons to help me lol.

At some point I got to a setting in Bios where I could change the GB per drive and I may have messed something up? I will be purchasing a new HD tomorrow to try another solution. Was hoping to save $50.

Thoughts?

Jan 20, 2019
I have an Intel 0 Volume drive showing up.

I believe I need to get in RAIDS?

I cannot seem to figure out the command for that through BIOS. I was able to access this before I did a USB boot.