[SOLVED] Hard drive issues

Jun 14, 2020
Hi so I just bought a new HDD: WD Blue 1TB 7200rpm 3.5 HDD. After formatting it and everything, I tried to download Fortnite on it (41gb). It ran until about 5% until it completely stopped downloading. I tried to click other programs on my computer but they can’t open so I assume my computer is frozen although I can still minimise the epic games application. Can I ask for this case, is the HDD defective?

Jun 14, 2020
I tried rebooting and when I tried to download fortnite on the HDD it reached to 5% before causing my computer to freeze (can move mouse but can’t click anything). I removed the HDD and tried to download fortnite again on my SSD which encountered no problem. So is there something wrong with the hdd or is it some other issues. The diagnostic tools says that the WD HDD is healthy

I tried rebooting and when I tried to download fortnite on the HDD it reached to 5% before causing my computer to freeze (can move mouse but can’t click anything). I removed the HDD and tried to download fortnite again on my SSD which encountered no problem. So is there something wrong with the hdd or is it some other issues. The diagnostic tools says that the WD HDD is healthy
What diagnostic tool are you using to test the HDD?

I’m using the Data Lifeguard Diagnostic Tool from the WD support page
Try downloading and running a program called Hard Disk Sentinel to check the health of your drive..

gNnfiQs.png