[SOLVED] Hard drive just disappeared entirely

noxnoctum

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2008
I've had several peripherals start having issues and until I just lost my D drive entirely I assumed it was the specific item that was the cause. Had issues with a DAC, an internal and external blue ray drive, my CD/CVD drive and my wireless adapter. They would sometimes work, but often would be invisible to the PC. Do I have a motherboard problem or is it something else?

I still have my flash drive up and running fine which is where my OS was thankfully.

My specs: DxDiag pastebin link.

EDIT: Restarted my PC and got D to show again but clearly I have a serious issue that I need to fix ASAP.

Last edited:
Solution
When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please post your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

How old is the PSU in your build? I'm leaning more on the PSU being incapable of driving all your hardware on your system or that your OS is corrupt.

Can you get into BIOS for your motherboard? If so, check and see what BIOS version you're on at the time of writing.

I took a quick look at the DxDiag, you're on an older version of Windows 10. We're on version 20H2 and eagerly waiting for a new release soon.

Lutfij

Titan
When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please post your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

How old is the PSU in your build? I'm leaning more on the PSU being incapable of driving all your hardware on your system or that your OS is corrupt.

Can you get into BIOS for your motherboard? If so, check and see what BIOS version you're on at the time of writing.

I took a quick look at the DxDiag, you're on an older version of Windows 10. We're on version 20H2 and eagerly waiting for a new release soon.

Solution