[SOLVED] Hard Drive Laptop compatibility check

Ste1337

Honorable
May 29, 2014
Hi please can somebody tell me if these hard drives are compatible with my laptop? I am looking to upgrade my Asus GL702V

Current Hard Drive Compents:
HD
HGST Travelstar 7K1000 HTS721010A9E630
https://www.newegg.com/hgst-travelstar-7k1000-1tb-hts721010a9e630/p/N82E16822145881

SSD
samsung mzvlw256hehp-00000
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-EXPRESS-Express-2800-MB-1100-MB/dp/B06VYJMLS8

New components:
HD
Seagate FireCuda 2TB SATA III 2.5" Hybrid Drive

SSD
Corsair MP510 960GB M.2-2280 NVMe PCIe SSD

Thanks any help greatly appreciated :)

Solution
depends on your use.
if you need to cache many small files to that drive without a hick-up over and over the firecuda can make that process bit quicker - to the limits of the cache then its just a barracuda again, but as you will have the huge NVME SSD the SATA 8GB cache on the firecuda would be useless in pretty much every other regard, for speed the main drive is the choice. the the main drive will be the fastest for speed and the drive for slower storage, if this is what you need I would get the barracuda and use the extra cash for something else.

only other case use for firecuda I can think of- dual booting - if running another OS off the drive alone the firecudas SSD cache will help in daily OS operations

R_1

Expert
Ambassador
depends on your use.
if you need to cache many small files to that drive without a hick-up over and over the firecuda can make that process bit quicker - to the limits of the cache then its just a barracuda again, but as you will have the huge NVME SSD the SATA 8GB cache on the firecuda would be useless in pretty much every other regard, for speed the main drive is the choice. the the main drive will be the fastest for speed and the drive for slower storage, if this is what you need I would get the barracuda and use the extra cash for something else.

only other case use for firecuda I can think of- dual booting - if running another OS off the drive alone the firecudas SSD cache will help in daily OS operations

Solution

TRENDING THREADS