Hard Drive Letter change turns disastrous problem

DefiniteSBC

Reputable
Jan 16, 2015
Long story short, I got my custom build PC few months ago, got an SSD as my (C), and I assigned the extra Hard Drive 1TB the Drive letter (A), NOT KNOWING that (A) is for Floppy Disk (says Microsoft). Few days later I discovered that I can't search anything on my Folder inside the Hard Drive, so I asked Microsoft about that issue, then few months later I got the solution for that, "CHANGE THE DRIVE LETTER FROM (A) TO ANY OTHER LETTER" so I did, changed it from (A) to (R). After changing the letter, I can now search in my folder, BUT I GOT NEW ISSUES.

Problems:
-Supposedly the Indexing Options has to show the Folders that it can search through, but in my case, it doesn't show ANYTHING.

-The Indexing Options won't work when I click the Advanced.

-When I clicked the Task Manager, took like 5 minutes then this pop-up appeared saying "
C:\Windows\system32\taskmgr.exe The specified path does not exist. Check the path, and then try again."

-I tried opening any other Services, did not work, took another 5 minutes for a pop-up to appear saying "
C:\Windows\system32\services.msc The specified path does not exist. Check the path, and then try again."

-Disk Management won't open

-Every single option on the Start button (when you right-click it) won't start, only a pop-up will appear 5 minutes later saying ""
C:\Windows\system32\#chosen option# The specified path does not exist. Check the path, and then try again."

-Tried installing a new program, didn't work, it seems that the Setup Wizard doesn't work. Everytime I try to click the setup application, it takes like 5 minutes for something to happen then a pop-up message will appear saying "The specified path does not exist" and "Check the path, and then try again". (This apply to every single Setup Application in my PC, whether if it's been there for quite a while, or newly downloaded.

-For some reason even my NVIDIA inside Control Panel is gone saying "Application not found"

Although, overall, the PC is still functioning fast, Triple A games still working properly.

Solution
Right.
Parts of the system think it is drive letter C, parts of the system think it is drive letter R.

Path confusion abounds.

At this point, the fastest, best method is a full wipe and reinstall.

DefiniteSBC

Reputable
Jan 16, 2015

I was able to change the drive letter from A to R, but I did it without knowing the risk of it
(I found this article about changing the drive letter AFTER I changed it, it was a grave mistake of mine for not researching about this.)
https://www.pcworld.com/article/2984430/windows/you-can-change-drive-letters-but-know-the-risk-of-doing-so.html

No, I can't change it back anymore because I need to open the Disk Management but whenever I try to, this pop up after few minutes "C:\Windows\system32\#chosen option# The specified path does not exist. Check the path, and then try again."

Not much, just a bunch of pictures, musics, videos, some games. I custom built this PC few months ago so there's not much important stuff in this PC, I already backed up all the files that I need. I'm also planning on starting over completely formatting the whole thing, though that's my last resort if I won't be able to find any solution that doesn't need to erase anything.