Hard drive not detected in Windows 7 install?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

BlunderScore

Distinguished
May 28, 2016
I recently helped someone put together a computer and initially we used Windows 10 on a small hard drive just for the OS, and they later picked up a 1TB drive to install games and anything else on. But long story short Windows 10 just wasn't working out and we were just going to install 7 on the larger hard drive and just not worry about having two drives. I put in the CD I have with Windows 7 but when the screen comes up to select partitions/format/etc. I get an error saying no drives were detected and the screen stays blank. Tried diskpart to clean it but still nothing. I looked into changing the format, but when I plug it in to my own computer and go to Disk Management it only detects the one mine is using and not the drive that's plugged in through an external USB. I used Windows Memory Diagnostic but that seems to have only checked the drive in my PC which of course is fine.

I'm not sure what else I can do, could anyone help me out here?

BlunderScore

Distinguished
May 28, 2016

Well I've tried putting it into the boot folder but nothing shows up there still.