Hard drive not playing fair while I'm Frankensteining my Asus laptop into a better shelled Asus

Abbey_

Commendable
Mar 30, 2016
I have an old Asus laptop running Vista, and I have another Asus K52F laptop that was given to me post break-up but without the hard drive. I love everything about the new one but obviously it wasn't going to run without that. The old one has no issues and I haven't really needed to run it in years but I did start her up before the switch and had no idea on the login info but backdoored it by changing sticky keys to run cmd, that said I have no idea what the f I changed it to but that's not even surprising for me anymore...

Okay. So I've put the old hard drive in the new laptop....
When I power on it has the Asus screen and then we go to the Windows error recovery where I can launch startup repair or start normally. Start normally causes it to crash and reboot back to the same option. Startup repair can't repair automatically and it might be more useless info but the problem details in summary state:
Problem event name: statusrepairoffline
Problem sig 1 & 2 : 6.1.7600.16385
3: Unknown
4: 21200260
5: autofailover
6: 7
7: baddriver
OS version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033

I can get into the privacy statement txt>save as>And then move to the my computer folder. I'm accessing it via the X: drive[31/33.5mb free], there's also system reserved C: [43.3/99.9mb free], and local disk D: [408/465gb free], & cd drive is E:

That's probably the most stupid and informatively vague question but here we are. Please help lol

Solution
You have to re-install Windows because it was installed on a different laptop. You can't just move Windows from one laptop to another with totally different hardware - - no wonder Windows won't start.

It would be illegal to move Windows from one laptop to another anyway if it was OEM factory-installed. It's tied to that laptop.
You have to re-install Windows because it was installed on a different laptop. You can't just move Windows from one laptop to another with totally different hardware - - no wonder Windows won't start.

It would be illegal to move Windows from one laptop to another anyway if it was OEM factory-installed. It's tied to that laptop.

Solution