Question Hard drive on motherboard full

Jul 8, 2022
I have a baby Asus pc that works great but the 32 gb hard drive, which is incorporated into the motherboard, is full. Is it possible to plug in a mini flash drive (biggest I've seen so far is 128 gb), install windows there, and use that to run the pc? Would the C drive then have any useful function? Thanks in advance.

USAFRet

Titan
I have a baby Asus pc that works great but the 32 gb hard drive, which is incorporated into the motherboard, is full. Is it possible to plug in a mini flash drive (biggest I've seen so far is 128 gb), install windows there, and use that to run the pc? Would the C drive then have any useful function? Thanks in advance.
No.

Offload some data (doc/video/photo/etc) from the 32gb internal drive to whatever other flash drive.

What specific Asus is this?
I have a couple of similar.

Jul 8, 2022
I wouldn't advise that, it would run incredibly slow and is a pain to even get on a USB to begin with. Try to see if you can swap out the drive for a bigger one, or possibly install another drive alongside the one currently in there.
That was my first thought but there is no separate hard drive, that capability is built into the motherboard.

USAFRet

Titan
This device?

Can you post a screencap of your current Disk Management window?
upload to imgur.com, post the link here.

Jul 8, 2022
The specs seem to indicate there is a place for a 2.5" HDD or SSD.
Does this exist? You'd have to open it up to actually verify.

If not, then a 128GB or 256GB small flash drive, and offload some data from the little 32GB eMMC.
The specs seem to indicate there is a place for a 2.5" HDD or SSD.
Does this exist? You'd have to open it up to actually verify.

If not, then a 128GB or 256GB small flash drive, and offload some data from the little 32GB eMMC.

I've been inside a couple times, one I remember to replace the battery. I just did a 2.5 inch SSD on a 15" HP so I'm familiar with the size. There is no room and even if possible, would not know how to connect to MB.

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
those things were designed with the idea that any storage would be cloud based. you can use dropbox or onedrive or whatever and keep everything in the cloud to clear up that drive. no thumb drive to lose or keep with you that way.

just a different thought in case it sounds ok to you.

TRENDING THREADS