Hard Drive PCB Replacement

Cleanslate_101

Reputable
Nov 27, 2014
I have a Seagate 1TB HDD ST1000DM003 with a fried PCB board. After doing some googling I found the website http:// . On this website when I look for the PCB board 100762568 it tells me that I should do this ST1000DM003 Seagate PCB 100717520 REV B (Order this one if your HDD model is ST1000DM003) . What I would like to know is if this would work. Will the firmware be correct and allow the PCB board to work? Or will I have to replace the BIOS chip from the original board?

Solution
If you look on the main label of the drive you will see a day, week and year number on the drive.
It should also state the firmware revision of the bios used.

If the advert lists the circuit board for the drive, it should also state the day, week, and the year the board was made along with the bios firmware revision it has.

If you can find this then there is almost a 100% guarantee the replacement board will work Cleanslate.

Providing there is no damage to the disk platters spindle motor, or the read and write head of the 1Tb seagate drive.
And you wont know that for sure until you get the circuit board for the drive.
So it`s 50/50 in respect to if there is no damage to the moving parts of the hard drive that may also cause it not to...
If you look on the main label of the drive you will see a day, week and year number on the drive.
It should also state the firmware revision of the bios used.

If the advert lists the circuit board for the drive, it should also state the day, week, and the year the board was made along with the bios firmware revision it has.

If you can find this then there is almost a 100% guarantee the replacement board will work Cleanslate.

Providing there is no damage to the disk platters spindle motor, or the read and write head of the 1Tb seagate drive.
And you wont know that for sure until you get the circuit board for the drive.
So it`s 50/50 in respect to if there is no damage to the moving parts of the hard drive that may also cause it not to work if it was fried due to excess electricity or a power supply blowing that it was previously connected too Cleanslate.

Solution

Cleanslate_101

Reputable
Nov 27, 2014

Although I probably will never find the PCB I need I believe Shaun had the correct answer, and hopefully other people with this problem can now find this thread. After spending a couple days looking this up I've never seen that explanation.