Question Hard Drive showing as SSD After Motherboard Change

Sep 18, 2019
I have just installed windows 10 (Upgraded from Win 7) and used that install to boot on my new motherboard. It works well enough, a few errors.
But I noticed that when I went into 'This PC', My C:/ drive was my Kingston SSD, which isn't usually the case.

I don't have any backups of my SSD on my internal Hard Drive, nor am I booting to it. I can access all of the files upon my actual SSD, despite the fact that it isn't plugged in, but my internal Hard Drive doesn't seem to have any of the files that it did before.
Really confused here, still new to this sorta thing.

Sep 18, 2019
Just went through a whole thing of installing a new motherboard and cpu :)

I'm new to it so messed up quite a bit, ended up in me just booting from the Hard Drive instead 'cause I only had windows 7 installed on my SSD and couldn't install windows 10 on it because the mouse wouldn't work on the new motherboard. Anyways, I plugged in the SSD and it says the same, no Hard drive in sight

Edit: I should also mention that in Device Manager, It says that the only two disk drives are the external one I have plugged in, and my internal one's ID name ( ST500dm002 )

Edit Edit: I fixed the problem by removing and re-inserting my SSD, might not have been connected properly. Dumb mistake, I get worried about breaking the motherboard somehow. Sorry lol.

Last edited: