hard drive wont reconise my flash drive or cd rom after being hacked

diane_24

Commendable
Aug 11, 2016
My nan was hacked by telephone the caller said he was from talk talk she was ask to fill out some forms on line with all her details bank etc, not knowing about scammers and hackers she did. after realising her mistake witch was by then too late the caller ended the call and promptly the pc want black now no matter what we do it will not boot up Things we have tried reset to factory just keeps coming up with same error message no boot failed step two we then tried to do clean install of windows it goes fine until it ask what device we want to install on but it does not recognise either the flash drive or cd drive please help if any one can it seems they have locked her out of the hard drive her os is windows 8 Packard bell Sorry should have put this first when we boot up the pc we get black screen with the error message no boot disk found and no matter how many times i have gone into the bios to change to factory reset we just get the same message.

Solution
Is there anything on the flash drive you're trying to install windows from??

You need the ISO and rufus to extract it to the flash drive. To make it bootable

diane_24

Commendable
Aug 11, 2016
yes sandisk flash drive got to point where it ask where to install but the flash drive was not detected same with the cd i have for booth gone to bios change to flash boot 1st did not recognise then when we tried to reinstall from disk change back to cd/dvd first boot but still no joy it just seems as though they have locked the complete system down

diane_24

Commendable
Aug 11, 2016
I think a new hard drive is the only way to go we just get the same message over and over no boot device is found i have changed the boot in bios for both but still will not recognise either