Question hard to cool hp laptop

OKOKGaming

Prominent
Oct 28, 2021
I have a HP 14s cf2-xxx that always overheats when editing and gaming, i tried undervolting , tuning the fan and raising the bottom of the laptop . it helps a little but still throttling . can anyone help? The laptop has little vents and the exhaust is at the back of the screen.

Last edited:

NameChanged38

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2009
This has been the issue with gaming laptops from the beginning of time. The most you can do if give it a fresh application of thermal paste if you believe it could be dry, and clean the dust out of the airways. Aside from that, laptops have always been inherently crippled by either lack of power, cooling, or both.

OKOKGaming

Prominent
Oct 28, 2021
This has been the issue with gaming laptops from the beginning of time. The most you can do if give it a fresh application of thermal paste if you believe it could be dry, and clean the dust out of the airways. Aside from that, laptops have always been inherently crippled by either lack of power, cooling, or both.
Sorry not been replying for a while , my laptop is mostly used for editing videos and light gaming , i tried cleaning the fan (that is dusty) and that helps a bit . It still sometimes fall back to its base clock (1.60 ghz) with 86 to 92 celcius . thanks for replying .