Hard to locate MoBo - where do YOU go???

Hoibie

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2009
Need some help from you experts.

I have two Acer Veriton M265 PCs purchased back in 2010. I need to locate two mobos for these PCs. Checked with the official source, the Acer Parts Store - they're out of stock on these. Looked on eBay, many offerings are "sketchy". So I thought I might get some guidance here from folks that do this more frequently than I.

When you are between a rock and a hard place trying to locate parts like mobos for the above, what sources do you go to for parts? What companies out here offer the best chance at locating what you need? I did find Capital Data in Lansing MI who were most helpful and who tried to help (and they are still looking)....

Thanks for any guidance.

Hoibie

NormH

Distinguished
i believe you may be able to get a standard miniATX or ATx mobo in there. try finding an old atx even if it does not work just to see if it fits. that will greatly broaden your available resources for mobo's to buy

Hoibie

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2009
@jsmithpa - revving these as my spares - something to drop into place in an emergency while we recover.

I was just hopeful someone would have a few companies in there address book. Googling gives you a lot, I could spend all day on the phone. If someone already has a good resource for these "rarities", that's what I'm after.

Hoibie

Nope. Used computers are not like used auto parts. PC, believe or not, are commodity items, when they fail people just throw them out, and the folks (third world countries) who salvage them just taken them apart for the gold and other metals.

eBay, you may get lucky.