Harddrive shows empty after installing new cpu/gpu/motherboard

ojv.g

Commendable
Jan 23, 2018
Hi

i recently bought a new cpu/gpu/motherboard, because my old motherboard/cpu stopped working. now ive installed these new parts i booted the pc and it asked me a few question about windows. what language, time etc and if you whanna add a microsoft account. i did all that and when i came into my pc it didnt have anything on it. it had like 1 file from my hardrive but the rest is gone. am happy with this since i wanted to clean my hardrive anyways, but i would like to know if this is gonna cause any issues later on. i currently have 915gb left from the 930gb available. local disk c so my hardrive is there and working. if you guys know what could've caused this.

ojv.g

Commendable
Jan 23, 2018
thanks for the quick response. a friend of mine said that aswell. only thing thats kind of weird is it only took 10 min to start the pc up for the updates and questions i had to awnser. isnt that abit fast to reinstall windows and clean my drive, also i found like 1 file that was kind of old from other hardrive but thats it. it didnt give me any option about formate or anything. last thing my hardrive sometimes goes from 915gb available to 914/917gb available. currently its at 910gb available from the 930gb. isnt windows 10 alot more space?

ojv.g

Commendable
Jan 23, 2018
sorry am back again haha. friend of mine said its better to download motherboard drivers from the site aswell as the gpu drivers. i am an complete idiot with these things. do u know the links maybe where i can download these.

my motherboard is a: Asus prime b250m-a

gpu: gigabyte geforce gtx 1050 2gb oc gddr5

he said its better to get the latest drivers for both instead of downloading it from the cds

ojv.g

Commendable
Jan 23, 2018
sorry for asking so many questions, but the link u gave me to download motherboard drivers. do i have to download everything as in vga,audio,bios,lan,chipset,sata etc? same counts for the gpu drivers