[SOLVED] Harddrive to SSD

tomshwf

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2008
Hello Everyone, I made a Recovery of my desktop pc hp p2-1113w. I placed it on a 16gb usb. i then i installed a WD 250 gb ssd and when i went to intall it onto the ssd from the usb. it started ok but then suddenly said. "your drive is not large enough or something to that affect. I was told the ssd could easily handle the 500gb from the harddrive. what could be wrong Thank You

Solution
Hello Everyone, I made a Recovery of my desktop pc hp p2-1113w. I placed it on a 16gb usb. i then i installed a WD 250 gb ssd and when i went to intall it onto the ssd from the usb. it started ok but then suddenly said. "your drive is not large enough or something to that affect. I was told the ssd could easily handle the 500gb from the harddrive. what could be wrong Thank You
You will be able to accomplish it, by creating an image of your 500GB hard drive, which content is less than 238GB.
If your 500GB hard drive has more than 238GB used, then it won't fit into a 250GB disk.

Also there should be some empty space available in the disk (specially SSD) so it can function properly.
You will be able to accomplish it, by creating an image of your 500GB hard drive, which content is less than 238GB.
If your 500GB hard drive has more than 238GB used, then it won't fit into a 250GB disk.

Also there should be some empty space available in the disk (specially SSD) so it can function properly.

Solution