Question Hardware Fault Software

Feb 26, 2022
Hi guys,

My PC shuts down while gaming, and I was wondering if there was any software that can be used to diagnose the issue?

For a bit of background, I had an old build and have recently upgraded my monitor and GPU to a FI32U & an Asus Tuff Gaming 3080ti. Trying to run Forza Horizon 5 on 4k res 72 fps with the settings optimized as per the Nvidia Geforce Experience and the system shut down while gaming. So I then thought it was the PSU, so I got a new Asus 1000w PSU and the issue it still there.

It's likeley that I need to upgrade my motherboard/CPU, but before I do this, I want to be sure that this is the issue.

TIA

Feb 26, 2022
So just tried running the game in1080p and still shuts down. Also put the old 1070ti back in and no problem so far. I hate to think the new GPU is faulty? Or is it possible it's not compatible with my ancient motherboard?

Last edited:

AreH

Distinguished
MattWilliam,

If you already didn't try to reinstall Windows. Personally, don't think there is a problem with your GPU, I upgraded my I7 4790k based system with 6600 xt and have no problem at all. Best luck.