[SOLVED] Hardware Issue - All I/O Sockets Functioning, However Not All Are Lighting Up. BRAND: MSI ---- MOTHERBOARD: Z270 GAMING M6 AC

Dec 9, 2018
Brand: MSI
Motherboard: Z270 GAMING M6 AC

Hello there,

I recently built a PC using this motherboard. All seems to be functioning well, however some of the I/O Sockets are not properly lighting up. Despite the fact that they don't light up properly, they are still functioning normally and reading devices that are plugged into them.

Here is a picture of the I/O Shield, The sockets wrapped in green are lighting up properly, and the sockets wrapped in red are not.

nxxWvxW.jpg

Please note: I could be wrong as it was roughly 2am when I put this together, but on first start up I'm pretty sure all the lights were functioning. However, after restarting my PC a few times, the ones highlighted as not working, no longer worked. Also, this was the first time i've built a PC, I did it with the help of a friend over the phone. It turns on and works well, there seem to be no errors with the system itself.

Here is a link to the manual: https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support/Z270-GAMING-M6-AC#down-manual

If anyone has an idea of what might be causing this issue, whether some component is loose, or something may have broken, I would appreciate your take.

I'm also wondering if it's not worth my time to worry about as everything seems to be functioning properly other than that part. That being said, if it could become some sort of issue down the road I will certainly fix it, but if leaving it be isn't the end of the world I also don't mind that option.

If you need anymore information to assist me or want any extra pictures, please feel free to ask.

Solution
I wouldn't worry too much about it
However, if you start seeing some things occur that shouldn't be happening, you could go ahead and RMA it

I don't know much about this motherboard, but could there maybe be an option in the bios that can set the lights on the I/O shield?

ChaoticWolf

Honorable
I wouldn't worry too much about it
However, if you start seeing some things occur that shouldn't be happening, you could go ahead and RMA it

I don't know much about this motherboard, but could there maybe be an option in the bios that can set the lights on the I/O shield?

Solution
Dec 9, 2018

Got it, also I have looked in the bios for some settings, however there's so many i'm not entirely sure what to choose from. There's some LED settings, but none that seem to be related to my issue. Any advice on a potential setting to look for? There's nothing really related to I/O and LED that I can find

ChaoticWolf

Honorable

Well, is your bios updated? There might be a new update for the bios that was released that added an option for the LEDs