Question Hardware issues with kernelpower 41

Mar 2, 2023
I have kernel power 41 (63) where my pc goes black and restarts every few hours, it happens on both mid- and high intensity workloads, the total TDP is below 500w and I have an 850w PSU

I have updated and reset bios, and completely reinstalled windows with an USB stick, but the issue still appears, so I'm 99% sure that it's hardware causing the
Kernel power happens more and more often, where in the beginning it happened every 7-13 hours of use, but now it happens between every 1-4 hours of use

How can I determine what part is responsible for the crashes, and what I should replace if needed

Mar 2, 2023
Here are the specs:
Psu: coolermaster v2 gold 850w
Cpu: ryzen 5 7600x
Motherboard: Asus tuf wifi b650 plus
Gpu: red devil 6700 xt oc
Ram: kingston fury beast rgb ddr5 2x16gb 5600mhz
Case: torrent rgb
Ssd: western digital sn850x 1 tb
5x fractal design aspect argb fans

The issue happened when I added a 1tb harddisc from an Old laptop, where I reformated it, but nothing happened, so bios popped up after restarting the pc , saying “fixing drive” and to not turn off the pc. But the ETA was several hundred hours long, and through waiting a whole night it only completed 10%, so I got impacient, turned the pc off with the power button, disconnected the drive, and threw it out. Could this have damaged any components, because I never got kernel power before that point

USAFRet

Titan
Here are the specs:
Psu: coolermaster v2 gold 850w
Cpu: ryzen 5 7600x
Motherboard: Asus tuf wifi b650 plus
Gpu: red devil 6700 xt oc
Ram: kingston fury beast rgb ddr5 2x16gb 5600mhz
Case: torrent rgb
Ssd: western digital sn850x 1 tb
5x fractal design aspect argb fans

The issue happened when I added a 1tb harddisc from an Old laptop, where I reformated it, but nothing happened, so bios popped up after restarting the pc , saying “fixing drive” and to not turn off the pc. But the ETA was several hundred hours long, and through waiting a whole night it only completed 10%, so I got impacient, turned the pc off with the power button, disconnected the drive, and threw it out. Could this have damaged any components, because I never got kernel power before that point
No damage.

After removing that old drive, has this happened again?

That "41" was completely a result of you forcing it off.

Mar 2, 2023
No damage.

After removing that old drive, has this happened again?

That "41" was completely a result of you forcing it off.

I have never used the drive since then, but this happened about a month ago, and have gotten kernel power 41 regularly once to twice per day. I tried doing all the “fixes” in windows, but didn’t work, and kernel power 41 still happens after resetting and updating bios, disabling EXPO, and clean installing windows from a usb stick

TRENDING THREADS