Question Hardware Raid not showing in W10 after new Mobo

GarrettStudio

Commendable
Jul 20, 2017
I have had a raid 0 running for a couple years on this card https://www.amazon.com.mx/Syba-SI-PEX40062-Interno-adaptador-interfaz/dp/B00AZ9T41M .

I have since had a mobo fail and had to replace. Figured the raid would be safe since it is on a card rather than mobo or software.

Raid was set up in W7 but after replacing mobo installed W10 and the raid will not show up in the disk management.

During boot, there is a post screen which shows the 3 drives hooked to the card and in device manager those 3 drives show up under Disk Drives.

I have installed the drivers from Syba website as instructed but still cannot see that raid. Kind of freaking out here since there was a couple months worth of data not backed up from the raid.

Any thoughts would be great!

GarrettStudio

Commendable
Jul 20, 2017
Because it had been a while since setting up the raid, I guess I failed to remember the detail of the card being a non-raid...So I must have set up a software raid then.

In honesty, I cannot find the receipt for the raid card so I can't be 100% certain I shared the right one...but it must be what I got since I was searching using the serial number on the card. When setting it all up, I can't imagine that I would have used a software raid but I guess that could be the case. The drives were set to auto sync with another drive as well as a NAS but it hasn't worked the last couple of months and I was doing a back up when the mobo tanked.

So I guess I am out of luck, right? Or if I were to install W7 could I somehow salvage it?