Question Hardware reserved memory

x3m69184

Prominent
Apr 13, 2022
Hello,am having a problem with my memory in the last 3 days.

As you can see here my hardware reserved memory is 8.1gb ,i have tryed reseting my bios,removing my cmos battery and putting it back again,unchecked maximum memory in msconfig ,set no paging file on system memory in advanced system settings ,reinstalling Windows,but non of that has helped me..

So if anyone can help me somehow it will be appreciated

kanewolf

Titan
Hello,am having a problem with my memory in the last 3 days.

As you can see here my hardware reserved memory is 8.1gb ,i have tryed reseting my bios,removing my cmos battery and putting it back again,unchecked maximum memory in msconfig ,set no paging file on system memory in advanced system settings ,but non of that has helped me..

So if anyone can help me somehow it will be appreciated
What is your full hardware component list > MB, CPU, RAM make and model ... Was this RAM all purchased as a set or is it mix-and-match ?

Reactions: x3m69184

x3m69184

Prominent
Apr 13, 2022
My spec are

cpu: ryzen 3 1200
motherboard: gigabyte a320-s2h rev 3.0
ram : kingston hyperx fury 2x8gb ddr4 3200mhz but one is rgb one is not,i dont think that is a problem ?
gpu : gtx 1050

parts are mix-and-match,its not a prebulid

Last edited:

kanewolf

Titan
My spec are

cpu: ryzen 3 1200
motherboard: gigabyte a320-s2h rev 3.0
ram : kingston hyperx fury 2x8gb ddr4 3200mhz but one is rgb one is not,i dont think that is a problem ?
gpu : gtx 1050

parts are mix-and-match,its not a prebulid
The first thing to do is to power off and re-seat both RAM sticks. Pull them out, then reinsert them.

x3m69184

Prominent
Apr 13, 2022
did it,still the same problem

is it possible that there is dust in the slots maybe that it does that ?

What might have changed in the past 3 days?

Ram must be matched for proper operation.
Ram is sold in kits for a reason.
A motherboard must manage all the ram using the same specs of voltage, cas and speed.
The internal workings are designed for the capacity of the kit.
Ram from the same vendor and part number can be made up of differing manufacturing components over time.
Some motherboards, can be very sensitive to this.
To test you ram,
Run memtest86 or memtest86+
They boot from a usb stick and do not use windows.
You can download them here:
If you can run a full pass with NO errors, your ram should be ok.

But, if you had been running well three days ago, your problem is likely elsewhere.
Possibly a less than good software update or a malware infection.

Ralston18

Titan
Per the preceding post via @geofelt: "But, if you had been running well three days ago, your problem is likely elsewhere."

Take a look in Reliability History/Monitor, Event Viewer, and Update history .

Look for some entry or entries even that occurred three days ago.

Error codes, warnings, or even informational events. Failed or problem updates.

Start with Reliability History. The timeline format (Days/Weeks) can be very revealing.

x3m69184

Prominent
Apr 13, 2022
Sooo,i did a memtest86 and a memtest86+,it passed both,i also tryed using just one ram stick at a time and they both work the sam its showing 8 gb ram and 75mb hardwere reserved,but when i put other stick its still the 8.1gb reserved.

Do you know something else to try?

x3m69184

Prominent
Apr 13, 2022
For some reason the problem fixed it self the night after i tryed using pc on only one stick,ty everyone for helping,you can lock this topic or whatever is supposed to heppend :D