[SOLVED] Hardware Reserved RAM

Mar 19, 2020
Please watch the language
I really hate to make a post about this but like most other people I've seen in threads talking about this nothing I've been told to try is working so I'm assuming there's something big I'm missing. If someone could help me out that'd be amazing.
A few months ago I added 2 sticks of 8gb PNY ANARCHY 2400mhz DDR4 ram to my PC, here's the specs:

MB: Gigabyte aorus x470
CPU: Ryzen 2700x
Gpu: Gforce 970
RAM: 4x8gb PNY ANARCHY 2400mhz DDR4

After about a month of the Ram working fine about 4-7 days ago I noticed I was hitting 100% and discovered that 16.1gb of my 32gb ram was being "reserved by hardware" I checked CPUZ and all of the RAM is there and appears to be 'working properly'. I ran windows memory diagnostic tool a few times, rearranged the sticks in the MB, I updated the bios from the stock F2 to F31 and still cant get this <Mod Edit> to work properly. I started out by trying the 2 most common fixes by unchecking max memory and the other "virtual memory solution", the last thing I tried was putting a completely different brand of ram in and i was still getting 16 gigs reserved, this is my biggest evidence that it isnt the specific pny RAM but I could be wrong. Below are the links to the BIOS screen, CPUZ reads and the task manager. I'm suppose to edit some big projects so im basically <Mod Edit> because I cant bring it into a computer store to get someone to check it out IRL because of coronavirus. Any help would be greatly appreciated
View: https://imgur.com/a/YZIeTxP

Solution
I really hate to make a post about this but like most other people I've seen in threads talking about this nothing I've been told to try is working so I'm assuming there's something big I'm missing. If someone could help me out that'd be amazing.
A few months ago I added 2 sticks of 8gb PNY ANARCHY 2400mhz DDR4 ram to my PC, here's the specs:

After about a month of the Ram working fine about 4-7 days ago I noticed I was hitting 100% and discovered that 16.1gb of my 32gb ram was being "reserved by hardware" I checked CPUZ and all of the RAM is there and appears to be 'working properly'. I ran windows memory...

kanewolf

Titan

After about a month of the Ram working fine about 4-7 days ago I noticed I was hitting 100% and discovered that 16.1gb of my 32gb ram was being "reserved by hardware" I checked CPUZ and all of the RAM is there and appears to be 'working properly'. I ran windows memory diagnostic tool a few times, rearranged the sticks in the MB, I updated the bios from the stock F2 to F31 and still cant get this <Mod Edit> to work properly. I started out by trying the 2 most common fixes by unchecking max memory and the other "virtual memory solution", the last thing I tried was putting a completely different brand of ram in and i was still getting 16 gigs reserved, this is my biggest evidence that it isnt the specific pny RAM but I could be wrong. Below are the links to the BIOS screen, CPUZ reads and the task manager. I'm suppose to edit some big projects so im basically Removed because I cant bring it into a computer store to get someone to check it out IRL because of coronavirus. Any help would be greatly appreciated
View: https://imgur.com/a/YZIeTxP
Mix and match RAM is a gamble. You may have lost that bet. You could try running at 2133. You could try a little more voltage. There is no definite way to get RAM to cooperate. They sell matched sets for a reason. This is the reason. A matched set is guaranteed to work as a set.

Last edited by a moderator:
Solution