Question Hardware Reserved ?

Jul 8, 2023
After using PC like usual for the past couple of years, started having problems. After booting up rather light games i've recieved a couple of Blue Screens, after that stopped getting those and saw my pc turning off and restarting. Browser or Discord didn't seem to do the same thing to the PC.

After, i discovered that pc is reserving 8.1 gb out of 16. reinstalling windows, trying to switch the sticks around (in both cases pc would boot up but reserve 8.1 GB) nothing seemed to work.

RAM is a set of 2x8 gb Kingston Fury 2400 mhz
AMD Ryzen 5 1600 Six-Core Processor 3.20 GHz
asrock b450m-hdv (2 RAM slots total)

Also what i found confusing, is that it's stated that i have: (translated to english from another language, don't know how it's called exactly in systems with native english language)
RAM installed: 16 GB
Physical memory total: 7,93 GB
Physical memory available: 2,96 GB
Virtual RAM total: 9,8 GB
Virtual RAM total: 1.54 GB

Maybe it's something of importance? I don't have any knowledge regarding any of those statistics

https://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/B450M-HDV/index.ru.asp

After using PC like usual for the past couple of years, started having problems. After booting up rather light games i've recieved a couple of Blue Screens, after that stopped getting those and saw my pc turning off and restarting. Browser or Discord didn't seem to do the same thing to the PC.

After, i discovered that pc is reserving 8.1 gb out of 16. reinstalling windows, trying to switch the sticks around (in both cases pc would boot up but reserve 8.1 GB) nothing seemed to work.

RAM is a set of 2x8 gb Kingston Fury 2400 mhz
AMD Ryzen 5 1600 Six-Core Processor 3.20 GHz
asrock b450m-hdv (2 RAM slots total)

Also what i found confusing, is that it's stated that i have: (translated to english from another language, don't know how it's called exactly in systems with native english language)
RAM installed: 16 GB
Physical memory total: 7,93 GB
Physical memory available: 2,96 GB
Virtual RAM total: 9,8 GB
Virtual RAM total: 1.54 GB

Maybe it's something of importance? I don't have any knowledge regarding any of those statistics

https://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/B450M-HDV/index.ru.asp

Looks like it "lost" one RAM stick. You should test it. one by one in both slots and together

Jul 8, 2023
i'm running x64 windows, and i tried cleaning my slots with compressed air. Looks like, indeed, my right slot is not working (windows is not booting up wih either of the sticks). Can the problem still be somewhere in the software department or is it a telltale sign that the slot is dead? Is it a sign that i need to change my motherboard?