Question Has anyone ever seen this issue with the cursor

Aug 11, 2023
Good day all,

Ive recently had a system built, everything works fine and there doesnt seem to be any issues (outside of the computer restarting when i clearly said "update and shut down", but thats for another discussion)

When i move my cursor (not always), mostly when the computer is trying to open an app or process something, the cursor shows these weird glitchy lines.

See Video here:
View: https://youtube.com/shorts/0siOzG2VGno?feature=share

You might need to open the video in a separate window to see it better. Its not very visible in the embedded player.

I cant seem to find any information of similar occurrences from other uses so i thought i would post here.

The specs:
GPU - RX6900 XT
CPU - AMD Ryzen 5 7600X
RAM - 32 GB DDR5
BOARD - Gigabyte B650 Aorus Elite AX
OS - Windows 11

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

OS - Windows 11
Where did you source the installer for the OS?

Did you install all your drivers relevant to your platform, manually and in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator?

Aug 11, 2023
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

OS - Windows 11
Where did you source the installer for the OS?

Did you install all your drivers relevant to your platform, manually and in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator?
hello, I paid for all the parts and license and had a shop assemble and install everything, so im not entirely sure what process they had for installation. As for the drivers, i checked after i received it and everything was up to date.

The only driver that was installed post set up was AMD adrenaline because the AMD pro that was initially installed was not compatible with the games i play (kept saying out of date even though there were no updates). It was uninstalled via the control panel and then i cleared any residual files manually before installing adrenaline.

Everything else was automatically installed by windows itself. Checking device manager shows no errors. (except the bluetooth adapter which has an "!" icon on it but it states that it has the "best" driver for it). Maybe it has the "!" because i have not connected the WIFI antenna (using a local connection)

Last edited:

Colif

Win 11 Master
did you run DDU after removing pro drivers before installing adrenalin?

it does a more thorough job than just deleting residuals.

Ralston18

Titan
Regarding:

"outside of the computer restarting when i clearly said "update and shut down".

Consider that the update, as many do, may have required an interim restart.

If so, then a premature shutdown may have corrupted files.

Run "sfc /scannow" and "dism". Either one or both tools may fix something.

FYI:

https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-use-sfc-scannow-to-repair-windows-system-files-2626161

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-use-dism-command-line-utility-repair-windows-10-image

Just a thought.

Aug 11, 2023
did you run DDU after removing pro drivers before installing adrenalin?

it does a more thorough job than just deleting residuals.
im going to look into this also because i did not run the DDU since i assumed that they were both from AMD. i had previously asked a friend and he mentioned that i would need to use that feature if i was switching brands but if i need to do it for the same brand ill give it a shot.

Colif

Win 11 Master
but when i ran DISM it said the DISM log file could not be found...
sounds like an error 2. That can be caused by spacing as the dism lines need to match

right click start button

choose Windows Terminal (admin)
If this opens as Command Prompt, click the drop down arrow in the title bar and pick Powershell

copy/paste this command into window:

Repair-WindowsImage -Online -RestoreHealth

and press enter

Then type SFC /scannow

and press enter

Restart PC if SFC fixes any files as some fixes require a restart to be implemented

First command repairs the files SFC uses to clean files, and SFC fixes system files

SFC = System File Checker. First command runs DISM - https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/manufacture/desktop/what-is-dism?view=windows-11

Pro and Adrenalin are different enough that I would run DDU to make sure all traces of one are gone before you install other.