Has anyone heard anything about MSI cards?

c959

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2001
I have just visited www.newegg.com and have found a MSI Geforce 2 pro 64 MB DDR.
Since I have never heard of this company, I was wondering if anyone has had any experience or heard anything about MSI products.

I work in the electronics manufacturing industry, so I know that yes, who manufactures the circuit board does indeed make a difference in the product's quality.
I do not want to buy something that will crap out right after the warranty expires.
Has anyone heard anything?

Arrow

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
I have a MSI816 and there's no problems with it whatsoever.

Rob
Please visit <b><A HREF="http://www.ncix.com/shop/index.cfm?affiliateid=319048" target="_new">http://www.ncix.com/shop/index.cfm?affiliateid=319048</A></b>

thebluedog

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2001
I bought an MSI geforce2 gts from newegg.com. it has been a very good card for me so far and i haven't encountered any problems. if it's a good price go for it. i don't think it's worth paying 60 bucks more for the same geforce2 card from asus. msi is a great company and i haven't heard many complaints about them at all.

- alm "As long as it's funny it's okay."

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Check to see what memory they advertise on it. A lot of them have been showing up with 6ns memory, which is NOT the speed normally specified for the PRO, but the GTS. So you may think your getting a great deal on a card "better" than the GTS, only to find that it has the same memory, hence the same performance, as the GTS.

Cast not thine pearls before the swine

c959

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2001
Thanks everyone for the help. Now where do I find out how fast the memory is on particular cards? I have searched the internet high and low and cannot find anything giving the specs for this card. MSI does not even list the card on their website.
Also, how fast is the memory on the Geforce 2 Pro 64 DDR supposed to be?