[SOLVED] Has anyone tried a dual/double 32 inches curved monitor setup? Or a large curved monitor & a smaller flat one?

Jun 22, 2020
Sorry for another question regarding dual/double monitor setups but I have not found yet the answers I am looking for...

NOW

I have used for many years a double monitor setup with:
Monitor #1 (LEFT)
Asus VE278
1920x1080
https://www.asus.com/Monitors/VE278Q/

Monitor #2 (RIGHT)
Asus VW266
1920 x 1200
https://www.newegg.com/asus-vw266h-25-5-wuxga/p/N82E16824236047

I use my setup for gaming and working (mostly text editing & speadsheets & websurfing). I am a multitasking freek, I cannot do only one thing at a time. With the COVID-19, I am now working 100% from home. I play FPS, mostly Call of Duty… I am a casual gamer, not a professional.

THE FUTURE?

I just bought the Dell 32 inches curved monitor (S3220DGF).
https://www.dell.com/en-ca/shop/del...dgf/apd/210-atyt/monitors-monitor-accessories

I am very happy with it. I just miss the double/dual monitor setup. I know Windows 10 has some new features to virtually divide a large monitor but I don’t like it… I don’t want to use my older Asus monitors because of their incredibly large bezel.

So I need a second monitor.

Should I just buy another Dell 32 inches curved monitor? Would this work? Is it too big, to bizarre with two curved monitors? Has anyone tried a dual/double 32 inches curved monitor setup? If so, do you like it and do you use the stand provided with the monitors or another dual wall/desk mount stand?

Should I buy a smaller flat monitor with the same bezel? For example a 24 inches that I can pivot for text editing? Has anyone tried a large 32 inches curved monitor with a smaller flat monitor?

Thanks in advance for your comments.

Xuan Ixtop

Solution
As I sit here, I am looking at a 40" flat 4k monitor with a 30" 1600 x 3260 rotated vertically on the side.
I think that If I were to change anything, I would like a curve to the main monitor.
Sometimes the edges are harder to see.
It works for me. I have them wall mounted with ergotron mounts that allow all sorts of adjustments.
Wall mount clears up some desk space for me.
A second 30" on the other side might work, except for obstructing a window.
I am not at all bothered by the bezels which are not that small.
I keep things like email, monitors, task monitor open on the side monitor.

Now, it happens that today, I am working on my Son's pc and he has a 34" flat wide LG monitor.
A very nice piece. Visualizing how that would look...

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Size matters not. A 24" 1080p monitor is exactly the same as a 70" 1080p giant TV.

1080p.

So the only thing stopping you from usage is a visual thing. I've used several dual setups, even a triple (14" laptop, 1920x1200 Portrait, 1920x1080 landscape), so all I can say is go shopping. Visit computer stores, office supply stores etc, anywhere who sells monitors and look for yourself, because it's a 'look' thing and only You can tell if You will be happy with the results.

Buddy of mine has a triple setup, 2x flats surrounding a curved ultra wide, he loves it, I hate it. Not a fan of curved screens much unless they are the Super Ultra wide kind.

Reactions: Xuan Ixtop
As I sit here, I am looking at a 40" flat 4k monitor with a 30" 1600 x 3260 rotated vertically on the side.
I think that If I were to change anything, I would like a curve to the main monitor.
Sometimes the edges are harder to see.
It works for me. I have them wall mounted with ergotron mounts that allow all sorts of adjustments.
Wall mount clears up some desk space for me.
A second 30" on the other side might work, except for obstructing a window.
I am not at all bothered by the bezels which are not that small.
I keep things like email, monitors, task monitor open on the side monitor.

Now, it happens that today, I am working on my Son's pc and he has a 34" flat wide LG monitor.
A very nice piece. Visualizing how that would look side by side, I think it is a no go.
First, you will game on only the primary monitor, and that needs to be in the center.
Next, you would need to have too big a traverse to see from one side to the other.

What I think would work for you would be a second dell 32" curved monitor mounted above the main monitor.
They are not that tall. You might need a wall mount, or at least a tall stand.

As an alternative, why not put your two extra monitors on each side.
If you can rotate them 90 degrees, they will not span such a wide space.

Reactions: Xuan Ixtop
Solution