Question Has anyone upgraded their old Reserator XT?

Jan 14, 2019
So I have an ancient Reserator XT from way back when and was one of the few made that survived longer than 10 seconds to prove its victory against natural selection, which I hear was a big problem for these things. It all still works and so I was wondering if anyone still had a Reserator XT lying around and if they ever tried upgrading theirs with more modern components? was wondering for a little project.

I used to have one that a friend gave me....it was....aluminum, I guess is all I can say about it.

My next move was to use a few copper core AC condenser coils, in parallel, to act as a passive convection cooler, with a pond pump driving it all.....and it worked better than anything I tried before; but doing that depends on having a few AC units to tear apart, so I don't think that it will be a very popular "upgrade".

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
I built one of those for a client, worked like a champ, even on sli 8800's. Until the idiot decided he wanted a pastel instead of the colored distilled water I used. Needless to say, it was cheaper to replace the unit than pay me to tear it all down (pastel gum-ups are most definitely not covered under warranty) and tear that thing apart since power-flushing wouldn't work.

No idea just how much it'll handle with new components, times have changed and so has thermal output.