[SOLVED] Has Red Dead Redemption 2 been fixed?

So like the title says has all the problems with Red Dead Redemption 2 been fixed? People were calling it one of the worst PC game launches ever because so many people couldn't even get it to run and if they did performance was horrible. Reviewers with I7 and I9's with GTX 2080's were having trouble getting 60 fps and the game was constantly stuttering and freezing. You can see my computer specs an I5 8600K and GTX 1070, if the optimization is that bad and people couldn't get 60 fps consistently with an I9 and GTX 2080 at high and ultra settings with that computer then I would probably have to play at low settings. This is unacceptable to me; all the games I play I can play at high or ultra settings at 1080p resolution and get a consistent 60fps. To have to set my settings at low to get a consistent 60fps (if I can get the game to boot at all) because of bad optimization is BS and I won't buy the game. I was waiting to see what would happen I had heard they were doing patches to fix the problem. I guess I want to know how much was really "fixed".

Last edited:
Solution
I've been playing for about a week now on:

i7-8700k
2080 super

and it's been pretty much fine, with most settings on high/ultra I get like 100-120 fps... 1080p 144hz...

I bought it like, a week after it launched? And I wasn't even aware that there had been problems at launch or that there were persisting issues with the game, I simply purchased it and started playing like 10 days ago and it's been fine
From what that article says it sounds like a pain. You have to install the Nvidia hotfix then remove the launch parameter and maybe...just maybe it will work. I think I'll wait until it is more stable and they have a more permanent fix. I don't want to screw around with it for 2 hours to get it to work, it should just work. Install the game, click start, and go. I really don't think that is so much to ask especially when they are charging AAA title price.

JeckeL

Distinguished
Jul 19, 2009
I've been playing for about a week now on:

i7-8700k
2080 super

and it's been pretty much fine, with most settings on high/ultra I get like 100-120 fps... 1080p 144hz...

I bought it like, a week after it launched? And I wasn't even aware that there had been problems at launch or that there were persisting issues with the game, I simply purchased it and started playing like 10 days ago and it's been fine

Last edited:
Solution

Mrgr74

Reputable
BANNED
My systems in my Sig below. Playing at 1080p @ 144hz. Textures on Ultra & everything else on Medium with 1 or 2 options on Low and I get smooth performance. I don't have an exact FPS to give you & everyone's idea of "smooth" differs but if the games self-benchmark is accurate, I got:

Highest - 98 FPS
Average - 68 FPS
Lowest - 48 FPS

Not sure what was up with the "8's but that's what I got, After the decimal points were dropped lol"

Other than that, I have not had any of the problems I have sadly been reading others were having. In my humble opinion, it's no where near as buggy a port as GTA 4 was. That game was a hot mess for me performance wise. Holy Moly...