Question Has this false report on Windows 11 Update been fixed yet ?

accesscpu_

Honorable
May 7, 2019
I got a new error inside my Windows update screen today (for the first time), saying my system does not meet the minimum requirements to run Windows 11. But up to this point, it was always fine and has offered it (and my system is fairly new, so there should be no problem).

I've been Googling it, and just wanted to verify this is not related to malware, but just a bug from Microsoft. It seems to go back as early as 2021, so wondering why it's not been fixed yet (if so). And is there a way to correct it on my end if it's legitimate?

vo0IQxF.png

accesscpu_

Honorable
May 7, 2019
@COLGee and @SkyNetRising

Here are my system specs (UEFI and TPM both enabled):

Processor
AMD Ryzen™ 5 5600X Desktop Processor (6-core/12-thread, 35MB cache, up to 4.6 GHz max boost)
Chipset
AMD® B550 Chipset
Graphics
NVIDIA® GeForce RTX™RTX3070 8GB DDR6
Memory
4x DDR4 U-DIMM slot / 8GB DDR4 U-DIMM - 64GB (Installed)

Last edited:

accesscpu_

Honorable
May 7, 2019
Does the "error" still show up in Windows Update?

Yes, and I'm also wondering if the issue isn't with the Microsoft Compatibility Appraiser under the Windows/Application option of task manager. When I try to run it on-demand, or set it to run at start up, it says "Task Scheduler Service is not available. Task Scheduler will attempt to reconnect."

Perhaps it's simply not pulling my info that it should to see I clearly am meeting the requirements? If so, I assume this may need a fix? I've also run it from the command prompt as administrator, with the same results.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Yes, and I'm also wondering if the issue isn't with the Microsoft Compatibly Appraiser under the Windows/Application option of task manager. When I try to run it on-demand, or set it to run at start up, it says "Task Scheduler Service is not available. Task Scheduler will attempt to reconnect."

Perhaps it's simply not pulling my info that it should to see I clearly am meeting the requirements? If so, I assume this may need a fix? I've also ran it from the command prompt as administrator, with the same results.
As you know your system meets Win 11 requirements, why have this installed at all?