Haswell SKUs Expand to 33 Desktop Versions

Status
Not open for further replies.

EzioAs

Distinguished
33 seems to much. I guess 5 for each core i series looks more reasonable. Does this include AIO PC as well?

On the other hand, I'm very interested to see how the low power core i3 and pentium perform though I'm guessing they'll be the last one to come out.

tpi2007

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2006
[citation][nom]EzioAs[/nom]33 seems too many. I guess 5 for each core i series looks more reasonable. Does this include AIO PC as well?On the other hand, I'm very interested to see how the low power core i3 and pentium perform.[/citation]

Well, most of the choice is in the mainstream i5, so I guess it's good, that is where the volume is and different needs and form factors dictate the many models on offer. Many of them will be majorly sold through OEMs, the consumer in general will opt from around 5 models from the i5 lineup.

One interesting thing to note is that, if this spec sheet is correct, the 4670K is now called an i7 instead of i5. Hmmm...

EzioAs

Distinguished

With two unlocked i7 and perhaps 200-300MHz difference, I'm willing to bet that the 4670K will be more popular than the 4770K.

From what I have read DDR4 will not be on any of these. It will be only in the Haswell-EX CPU's then filer down into the lower ranks in 2014. Makes since though since memory bandwidth is not much of an issue except for the integrated GPU which for most of us that need the GPU to perform we have a discrete card.

jonjonjon

Honorable
Sep 7, 2012
look at all those i5's. is there really a need for that many? all thats going to do is cause people more confusion. in the previous stuff i saw the 4670k was the unlocked i5. seems a little strange that you would need 2 unlocked i7 versions. what the difference?

JOSHSKORN

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2009
Bring on the Broadwell Enthusiast CPUs!! I hear it'll be a great year for discreet GPUs, Thunderbolt 3rd Generation will be arriving then, too. I should've upgraded to Sandy Bridge and been happy with that until we're there.

ojas

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2011
The number of known Haswell processor SKUs just climbed from 14 to 33, courtesy of a spec sheet posted on Arctic's website.
Not entirely unexpected, you know.
[citation][nom]Azathoth[/nom]Safe to assume the i5-4570K is going to be a popular choice?[/citation]
Lol probably get one myself :D
[citation][nom]Soul_keeper[/nom]yeah, I was reading the same thingsjust noticed it says Haswell-ep above the image socket 1150 is mentioned, but a haswell-e image, odd[/citation]
but the slide seems to be common between EP and EN, look at the PCIe lanes.

WAIT. LOOK AT THE FIRST RED BOX ON THE LEFT. ">=10 CORES". WILL HASWELL-EP/EN HAVE A MINIMUM OF 10 CORES ?

The caption has Haswell EP written on it, which is apparently different from Haswell-E.

[citation][nom]sivaseemakurthi[/nom]Either I am reading it wrong or the CPUs have minimum of 10 cores in the picture!! Or are these CPUs for servers![/citation]
Ah you saw it too. I don't know what EN is but EP is for servers/workstations.

Status
Not open for further replies.