Question Have 2 Subwoofers, Left is Picking as Center and Right one Does Nothing But Works in Control Panel.

mandeep148

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2011
hi, everyone,
im not Good in English but i will try my best to Explain the Issue with Detail.
So im Sharing my Control Panel and all Speakers im using.
So Basically i have 4 Speakers and 2 Sub-woofer(Subs are Attached with 5000w AMPLIFIER)
2 at PC Table(edifier Monitor Speaker), and 2 Behind me(Sony speaker), and 2 Sub-woofers Under PC table as you can see in Picture. IGNORE the 3RD Subwoofer, It is not ATTACHED with COMPUTER/AMP.

Rear and Front Speakers are Working Perfectly,
But Problem is my Left Sub which you can see in Picture(under Table) is Auto Picked as CENTER,

what if i let it be as it is. the Sound Wouldn't Pure Surround?
and the Right Sub Works perfect when i click on Sub-woofer icon in Control Panel,
but it doesn't work in Playback, but Center Do.
if i Enable SWAP Center/Sub Output(Pic attached) then Right Works Fine but Left Gets Stop.

What is Work of Center? do Center Speaker also have Stereo Sound? or its Mono Speaker with Subwoofer?
What if i use SUBwoofer as Center? what if i Attach Small Speaker with Tweeter on Left Subwoofer?

mandeep148

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2011
center speaker is for voice (mid speaker in front of you), standart range 80Hz-20KHz
Subwoofer has range 20Hz-80Hz
That should be default, if you soundcard supports changing crossover settings, than u can alter it, if not then u may need different hardware
thank you for Reply, what im thinking is, the amp what im using for SUBS, im going to use Single RCA to Mono 3.5mm jack,for Center and same process to other SUB which is not Working, will select it as SUB in control Panel..

Latest posts