Question Have an older Korean 2560x1440 resolution 60hz monitor that only has a DVI-D connection

NadeMagnet69

Prominent
Jul 20, 2020
Is there any displayport or HDMI to DVI-D adapter that supports 2560x1440 resolution at 60hz? I can't seem to find any that go above 1080 except ones that cut down the hz. Which confuses the hell out of me because it was my understanding that HDMI is basically just DVI-D, just also with audio.
The DVI-D is drastically limiting my graphics card options, especially in these days of cryptomining where so many are out of stock. I bought a RTX 2060 that has a DVI-D connector but I want to return it and go with a 2080 instead. I have to make my choice before Aug 2 or I won't be able to return the 2060. You might ask why not just keep the 2060 and use the extra money saved from the far more expensive 2080 to just get a better monitor. It's because this monitor was a rejected Apple cinema display that had all of one dead pixel. I can't even notice it except on a solid white screen. Had it passed the muster and gone to Apple it would have retailed at the time I bought it at 1200 bucks. I still love this monitor even at only 60hz. Plus the 2080 is a lot more superior and will give me more options down the road for a better monitor.

NadeMagnet69

Prominent
Jul 20, 2020
Is there any displayport or HDMI to DVI-D adapter that supports 2560x1440 resolution at 60hz? I can't seem to find any that go above 1080 except ones that cut down the hz. Which confuses the hell out of me because it was my understanding that HDMI is basically just DVI-D, just also with audio.
The DVI-D is drastically limiting my graphics card options, especially in these days of cryptomining where so many are out of stock. I bought a RTX 2060 that has a DVI-D connector but I want to return it and go with a 2080 instead. I have to make my choice before Aug 2 or I won't be able to return the 2060. You might ask why not just keep the 2060 and use the extra money saved from the far more expensive 2080 to just get a better monitor. It's because this monitor was a rejected Apple cinema display that had all of one dead pixel. I can't even notice it except on a solid white screen. Had it passed the muster and gone to Apple it would have retailed at the time I bought it at 1200 bucks. I still love this monitor even at only 60hz. Plus the 2080 is a lot more superior and will give me more options down the road for a better monitor.

Sigh. Never mind. You have to have an active powered displayport to dual link DVI adapter but I'm not paying 115 bucks for it. Not sure how to delete this thread if any mods want to take care of it.