Have I lost my RGB functionality in my G. Skill Trident Z's?

Nov 20, 2018
My rig consists of an ASRock Z270 Killer MOBO and 16gb of G. Skill Trident Z RGB RAM.

I'm fairly new to PC building and this is my first attempt using RGB hardware. (Aside from my G. Skill MX780 mouse) I just got the RAM on sale and wanted to play with it. I was completely unaware how RGB has been ruining peoples systems...

I first downloaded the G. Skill Trident software v.1.06.68 and ran it with no problems. Eventually found the setting I liked, and then went to see about syncing it with my G. Skill mouse (I thought this would be an easily integrated process...) After no luck on that front, I found Asus Aura software. I figured it wouldn't be compatible with most of my hardware, but thought I could use it for the ram and mouse. Downloaded it and saw it only worked on the Trident Z and had far less lighting options, so i went back to the dedicated Trident Z software. To my surprise, It was replaced with the Aura interface. Decided to uninstall Aura. After that, the G. Skill software dumps every time. So I uninstalled it and tried again with failure. Figured out there are a lot of extensions that ASUS has placed in my disk. So i began to meticulously uninstall and delete all programs and extensions related to it. Didn't work. Downloaded ccleaner and scanned through my whole registry, deleting leftover files from Asus. After I saw no trace of Aura, I redownloaded and reinstalled the G. Skill software to be given the dump again. Went back to removing all the asus software and shut down my PC overnight hoping that would clear some temp file i missed. Today I redownloaded and reinstalled the older Trident Z software to try that, and I'm given the same dump. So here I am. A newbie completely turned off of rgb at this point...

Is there anyway to reverse this? Or is my RGB functionality lost at this point? I've thought about just redownloaded Aura, but I'm worried it won't even run anymore either and i'll have to scour through my system again deleting files.
Is this resolvable by replacing the RAM or would this be more of a problem hidden in my system drive?
Any feedback or information on the subject would be greatly appreciated!

PS I've heard CPU-Z is capable of ruining RAM as well and I was completely unaware of this when a friend suggested I get it. Can/Should I uninstall it? Thanks!

Nov 20, 2018

Cleared the CMOS and no change. Found a few more files and erased them and tried again, but now the error is it isn't recognizing the DRAM. Deleted it, restarted, reinstalled it (Unblocked the zip), still didn't work. Cleared cmos again and still doesn't recognize the DRAM. Went ahead and tried Aura again, but it couldn't sync with the ram either. I'm out of ideas here

I couldn't figure out how to get mine back to default after using the software. Whatever option it had to "reset to default" did not do that. But I do remember when it quit working altogether for whatever reason, restting bios/cmos got it back on. I'm not sure how to help, but I will continue following this thread.