Have i reached the end of the line...?

SmorlFox

Honorable
Jan 31, 2013
Hey guys,

Had a nightmare 24 hours that has ended with me unable to boot computer up at all.

Basically I tried and failed to update my BIOS and an now stuck at boot with " verifying dmi pool data"

I have tried everything I can think of to try and boot my win 7 disk from boot up, so I might try a repair, altered my (now reset via pulling the battery out) BIOS to boot to CDROM as well as unplugging my hdd too but to no avail!

Any help would be very much appreciated.

How EXACTLY did the BIOS update fail?

If the data got corrupted and the motherboard doesn't have dual bios (always look for that nowadays), then you're kinda SOL, and need to ship the brick back to the OEM.

Why'd you go about updateing the BIOS anyways? It should be avoided if at all possible, for this exact reason.

People update the firmware on their motherboards all the time without bricking them.

SmorlFox if you could give a little more detail on what motherboard make and model and what exactly you did to update the bios.

SmorlFox

Honorable
Jan 31, 2013

Well... I decided i needed another cpu for my motherboard and was advised that the new cpu will need the bios updating in order to recieve the new cpu.

I went to the Acer website and downloaded the relevant zip file containing the WinFlash? .exe which I ran...

At the end of the process I got an error, which I have posted in this thread...

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/f...rint=0&numreponse=0&quote_only=0&new=0&nojs=0

Now I'm out of ideas.

SmorlFox

Honorable
Jan 31, 2013

The motherboard is from an Acer aspire T180. It's an EM61SM/EM61PM

I used the, is it WinFlash software? Something like that, that I downloaded from the Acer website

The errors can be seen if you follow the link in my last comment.

Ok I am at work and can't see the pictures in your first post. I did go to the US Acer site and look up an Aspire T180. It looks like the BIOS has no update since the file there is from 2008 (R01-C0). What was the file you used?

I am afraid a replacement chip might be your only option. You might think about doing it yourself instead of sending it back. Take a look at this site http://www.badflash.com/findbios.htm

SmorlFox

Honorable
Jan 31, 2013
Yes I'm fearing the worst too.

Strangely enough, after I removed the battery again a second time, the bios has updated itself to the R01-C0 update?

Still no joy though...