Have no clue whats wrong with my GPU. Please help

Twist0fFate73

Honorable
Jul 1, 2013
Starting Monday night I've been having issues with my PC. I was playing AC Odyssey with no issues for about 3 hours, when suddenly my monitor turns off for a few seconds and then comes back on. When it turns on though the screen is flickering and looks terrible. This is where the start of my problems began. Next day i start checking my other games ( Just Cause 3, Battlefield 4 and 5, Killing floor 2, Vermintide 2) and they all either give me the dxgi_error_device_removed notice or just crash once in game., which is very strange since they all worked fine last time i tried them. Artifacting was also present in Battlefield 4 and Vermintide 2. Older games (Metro 2033, l4d2) work fine though. What makes me doubt that the gpu is faulty though is I ran UserBenchmark and Unigine Heaven Benchmark 4.0, and they both gave me great results.
My PC specs: RTX 2070
Ryzen 5 1600x
B350 Strix Mobo
Corsair Cx750 PSU
16gb RAM ddr4
Samsung 850 EVO 1 tb SSD
I've tried replacing the display port cable, Uninstalling and reinstalling drivers, rolling back drivers, putting the gpu in a different pci slot, air dusting out my case, doing window updates, and no luck. So what's the next best course of action? Should i just RMA? Any help is appreciated.

Twist0fFate73

Honorable
Jul 1, 2013

I don't understand why i would have to downclock my GPU. it's not OC'ed and worked fine for a month. If i have to downclock my GPU to prevent crashes and errors, I might as well RMA.

You didn't list manufacturer/model name of your GPU. It as well may be factory overclocked.
Factory overclocked cards are not always stable. Especially is cooling system is not sufficient enough.
To return to stable operation, you can down-clock them slightly (may need to down-clock to Nvidia reference clocks).

Did you check temperatures BTW?