Question Have to reset CMOS everytime i wanna turn on my pc

Nov 29, 2021
After a thunderstorm one night nothing happens when i press the start button, even when trying to jump the pins. When i reset CMOS it works. Also when i press the "Shutdown" button on the screen my CPU fans go crazy and my PC wont turn off.

Maybe its a motherboard issue, not sure.

I been reading threads in past if you type in google and seems to be motherboard issue because some threads people suggested to change battory and did not work. So maybe if his computer turned off because of thunderstorm damanged something inside it so maybe motherboard is effected.

Op we need more info did your computer cut off during the thurderstorm and whats the specs and how old is your pc and such

Last edited:
Reactions: johanpeter123
Nov 29, 2021
I been reading threads in past if you type in google and seems to be motherboard issue because some threads people suggested to change battory and did not work. So maybe if his computer turned off because of thunderstorm damanged something inside it so maybe motherboard is effected.

Op we need more info did your computer cut off during the thurderstorm and whats the specs and how old is your pc and such
My specs: ASRock B560M Pro4 Motherboard, Cooler Master V550 Gold V2 PSU, GTX 1050ti, i5 10400f, 16GB HyperX Fury DDR4 And about 8 months old. All of this happened while sleeping so i dont know anything more. Also now i have to try several times to get it to boot and the "DRAM" and "BOOT" lights on the mobo are lit until it boots correctly.

TRENDING THREADS