Ok so for the past few months my laptop has struggled to connect to the wifi. everytime i turn on my computer and attempt to connect to my home wifi, it says can not connect to the internet. i then have to reset my modem and then i can finally connect to my home wifi. my laptop perfectly connects to other signals such as my hospot, wifi from starbucks etc. any help would be appreciated.
Disable your laptop Wifi adapter power saving features: 1- Go to Control panel > Network and internet> change adapter settings> right click on your laptop wireless adapter> click on the button configure>
- if your adapter has a power management tab un-select "allow computer to turn off device to save power"
- If it doesn't go to advanced tab and scroll down the list/ click on power saving mode and verify/switch to CAM mode = constantly awake.
2-When you're done go to windows power options > change plan settings> change advanced power settings> wireless adapter setting> Power saving mode: set it to maximum performance.
If same issue is occurring to other devices in the network linked to same router obviously the problem is in the router:
- Back up your router settings ( there is away to back up settings in almost every router)
- reset your router to factory settings either through it's software interface or through reset button .
- Reconfigure your router again: either manually if you remember the settings not too complicated, or by restoring the configuration from the file saved earlier.