Have you been noticing a big delay for submitting answers?

It's taking about 30 seconds for some of my answers to post. I think some newer users might be being affected. http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-3652026/uatx-power-supply.html responded to one question 7 times. The reason for this question is the time issue. That question and the amount of responses may be completely unrelated.

I've done the normal hard modem and router reset and ran ccleaner and flushed the DNS for good measure even though I think Ccleaner may take care of that too. I think this started last night some time.

Solution
It's site wide for everyone. I haven't heard anything from anyone official. Try to delete any duplicate answers please, but hopefully this will get fixed. Quickly.

Great, I mean not great but I was worried it was on my end, as I just formatted W10 after a CPU, MB, RAM upgrade. I'm not that fast at typing, and almost always have to edit my posts, so this is particularly tedious for me.

BTW, why can we not embed YouTube videos on first post submission? I always have to edit my post just to get access to the full text editor that allows it. Can we get a forum software update that shows the editor on first post, or is there a setting somewhere in my user account options to do so?

Colif

Win 11 Master

You should be able to now already.

If you create a thread, click this icon
BTBmiX2.jpg
in the row of icons along top of the text box - see bottom right here -
3BYBv7Z.jpg

If you are replying, click Post an answer to get the full text box like above to access the video button.

D

Deleted member 217926

Yeah I always see the embed video button. I suppose NoScript might block it but uBlock Origin and Ghostery don't. Neither did AdBlock Plus when I used it.

I just realized what it is. I use Chrome Incognito. When I switched to regular Chrome it shows right away. This is the only forum I surf that has this problem with incognito mode. Really don't get why you'd need cookies enabled just to see a forum editor, but I will say I have found which sites are more likely to track your activity since using incognito mode.

At first I used it just to avoid cookies building up and slowing down the browser, then having to frequently clear history. Now I use it to avoid being tracked. I really hate the trend of social media causing a lot of sites to track everythign you do. No thanks, I'll edit if I need to embed a vid instead.

I browse almost everything in incognito mode. I use a cookie manager extension and allow certain sites like this one to leave cookies in incognito mode (though the cookie is deleted when I close the browser). If you don't enable cookies for sites, you pretty much can't leave replies because your browser will forget that you're logged in.

No thanks, I'll edit if I need to embed a vid instead.
Yeah, you can just embed it via text as:

{video="http://youtube link"}{/video}

With square brackets instead of curly braces. I pretty much ignore the editing buttons and type all the coding by hand. Come to think of it, I do most of my HTML coding that way too.

Except extensions slow your browser down too, and no, I can reply just fine in incognito mode. It may temporarily use cookies, but it doesn't retain them. I'd also rather edit than type the code in every time. The only reason it's annoying lately is this problem with posts/edits taking much longer than usual to submit.