Having a hard time finding a specific monitor for my use

robthatguyx

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2011
Hello toms! It's been a while since I posted here but r/monitors has been no help and my posts get taken Down from pcmr and pchardware. I'm in a situation where I'm upgrading my surround setup and I'm looking for a monitor that fits these specs

- 24 -25 inch 2560x1440 glossy ips with thin bezels and a respectable response time.
The closest I have found are dells infinity monitors but they all have matte screens .. Does this exsist?

Solution

In regards to response time:
It's impossible to tell for sure without testing, as this can vary drastically from monitor to monitor, but my best educated guess would be that you'll notice a difference. I would not go above 5ms GTG for gaming, even though it...

robthatguyx

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2011
Purchasing 3, budget is 600ish per screen on the high-end of things. Gsync and freesync isn't super important to me but would be welcomed, I'm not sure how well that works in surround. Ideally I would love a clean look and not something like those rog monitors or predators(God forbid the qc on those things haha) color is what I'm after rather than refresh rate so 60hz lower ms ips with thin bezels( currently have h236l bids) is what I'm after

Budge414

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2013
Okay, there actually no options that fit those exact specs, but I'm limited to my own searching methods as I don't know what your location is for a more in-depth search. However, with some minor sacrifices, there are a couple of options:

Monitor: Acer - H257HU SMIDPX 25.0" 2560x1440 60Hz Monitor ($345.65 @ Amazon)

- This monitor fits your requests, minus the gloss finish. Colour reproduction/vibrance from the LED is reportedly excellent, which is the area that tends to be slightly affected by the matte coat. This truly depends on how set you are on that gloss finish. Note that higher quality matte panels are not so badly affected. 25" seems to me like the perfect size for a multi-monitor setup, which leads me to the second sacrifice.

Monitor: AOC - Q2781PQ 27.0" 2560x1440 60Hz Monitor ($349.99 @ Best Buy)

- Glossy, but moving up to 27" screen size. Honestly, I have a 27" screen and I believe it's an excellent size for 1440p, but to have 3 of them it's on you whether you believe that to be too big. I personally would have no problem running 3 of them, with enough desk space to have them slightly further away.
- An incredibly thin bezel, not sure if that stand is a deal-breaker for you though.

Monitor: Acer - H277HU kmipuz 27.0" 2560x1440 60Hz Monitor ($423.49 @ Newegg Marketplace)

- Look for the Silver stand model (UM.HH7EE.008), I think you'll agree the Gold is bleh.

- The 27" version of the previously mentioned Acer, same specs as the AOC. I'd say the price difference is accurate as this would be the better monitor of the two. And since it's within your budget I'd prefer this.

If you don't fancy these choices, let me know your location, I can look more in-depth at what the retailers offer as not all exist on PCPP.

Personally the best compromise is the size increase to 27", to me that's not a sacrifice at all, just a perspective which I believe could be rectified by monitor placement on your desk.

Let me know what you think.

robthatguyx

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2011
Say I was to ditch the glossy screens and use 27 inch( I have a 72x27 desk so I should be able to do 3 of these), Whats the best panel I could get while still keeping a respectable response time?

I really love the look of this screen here
https://www.amazon.com/Dell-UltraSharp-U2717D-27-inch-InfinityEdge/dp/B01D402Z28

But I don't know if I will notice the difference between 5(current) and 8ms reponse time, Also see alot of people talking about back bleed with that screen

Budge414

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2013

In regards to response time:
It's impossible to tell for sure without testing, as this can vary drastically from monitor to monitor, but my best educated guess would be that you'll notice a difference. I would not go above 5ms GTG for gaming, even though it means slightly less when playing at 60Hz. And completely forget about that ridiculous 'Fast Mode' that will get you down to 6ms. It will do you more harm than good.

Backlight bleed is usually case-by-case. Yes, some monitors are worse than others, but for the most part you could deem those users unlucky. Best option is to buy from a retailer that is generally painless when it comes to returns to prepare for such things.

I would be avoiding 4K, especially with a triple screen setup. A 1080Ti will get you decent frames at 7680x1440, but I'd be buying 2 of them in order to be happy running a triple 4K setup.

Now, it seemed pretty clear to me that the clean look you touted before is important to you, so I had another look avoiding anything with extravagant stands and the like. I'm glad I did! There's a model that I only looked at the 27" model before and didn't bother with the 25" as I thought they'd be the same, but I was wrong:

- We're still missing the gloss finish, but I think that's out of our hands.
- We've dropped the 27", but as I said before think 25" is perfect for tri-monitor and the increased pixel density will make a noticeable difference to clarity.
- The difference here is the super thin bezel compared to the 27", and most other monitors mentioned in this thread, for that matter.

Monitor: Asus - PB258Q 25.0" 2560x1440 60Hz Monitor ($313.99 @ SuperBiiz)

I hope this is closer to what you're looking for.

I think 3 of these would look incredible, the overall look is nicer in comparison. Reviews are generally good. Better than average as far as monitors go, as they're always pretty subjective.

Solution