[SOLVED] Having a little trouble picking up m.2

lolcatzuru

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2014
so i recently replaced my motherboard and for some reason one of my m.2s doesnt recognize. I'm not sure, but i have a feeling that its the one that had my previous OS on it, but no matter what i do i can't get it to be picked up.

i have the b450m steel legend firmware 3.60, i've had this firmware before and ive had both work before. One last note is that i DID remove from sata 3 as the 450m has sata 3 and m2 (2 i think) share a channel

any advice would be greatly appreciated

Solution
so i recently replaced my motherboard and for some reason one of my m.2s doesnt recognize.
What model M.2 drive? Which M.2 slot are you trying to install it in?
B450m steel legend has 2 M.2 slots. Upper slot supports nvme M.2 drives only. Lower M.2 slot supports sata M.2 drives only.
Also:
M2_2 and SATA3_3 share lanes. If either one of them is in use, the other one will be disabled.

Ralston18

Titan
Double check the motherboard's User Manual.

Take a close look at the User Manual's instructions regarding M.2 installations.

Things may have changed with respect to "what worked before".

Start with the objective to be able to boot with a single drive.

Once successful then install additional drives.

so i recently replaced my motherboard and for some reason one of my m.2s doesnt recognize.
What model M.2 drive? Which M.2 slot are you trying to install it in?
B450m steel legend has 2 M.2 slots. Upper slot supports nvme M.2 drives only. Lower M.2 slot supports sata M.2 drives only.
Also:
M2_2 and SATA3_3 share lanes. If either one of them is in use, the other one will be disabled.

Solution