Question Having crippling issues with my RTX 2070 Super x Amd Ryzen 7 3700x 8 Core (16 gb ram). Cant get more than 20 fps on all titles and gpu cant exceed 35%

Jul 7, 2021
Title says it all, but I truly don't understand whats causing this. I've been following guides and potential solution steps for five days now and nothing seems to resolve my issue. I'm happy to provide any other information you all may need to help address the root cause, but I am clueless. I have tried rolling back drivers, changing uefi settings (since have reverted back to default as nothing seemed to help there), I have done an Nvidia clean up, set in the control panel "prefer maximum performance", tried different cables for dp, ac, and power to the whole pc, I have run numerous scans for malware/viruses all coming up clean, I haven't installed new software, I've gutted my pc to ensure everything is seated properly, psu is in good shape (or so it seems) as is the gpu and ram and mobo. I'm literally at a complete loss as to what to do from here.

BfV gpu usage max 34%
Rust gpu usage max 27%
Tarkov gpu usage 32%

and cpu usage averages anywhere between 50-85% for any game

also I don't know much about bottlenecks but I have been told that could be it, but I don't know why that would be the case with my set up. I've never had these issues before and I was running Rust, for example, at 120 fps 1080 with zero issues whatsoever not two months ago. I moved and didnt touch my pc for the time between now and then, but when I booted everything up 5 days ago nothing would run properly. please help.

specs again

Device name DESKTOP-9NGMQN4
GPU RTX 2070 SUPER
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core Processor 3.59 GHz
Installed RAM 16.0 GB
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

How are your temps on the GPU and CPU ?
Have you set a Temp limit in any software for the GPU or CPU ?
Have you run the manufacturers software to test and diagnose any issue with your HHDs or SSDs?

If temps are good I would do the following steps testing for improvement between each step:

Update your motherboard drivers directly from the AMD website.
Replace the motherboard BIOS battery.
Re-install Windows 10.
Replace the PSU.
Replace the motherboard.

Jul 7, 2021
Please run userbenchmark and share the public link to the results. It’s not a bottleneck, if it was it would have always performed like this.

UserBenchmarks: Game 88%, Desk 81%, Work 88%
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X - 79.6%
GPU: Nvidia RTX 2070S (Super) - 109.3%
SSD: Adata SU750 1TB - 39%
RAM: Adata 2x8GB - 74.3%
MBD: Asrock B450M/ac

Jul 7, 2021
How did you move the PC? Did you remove GPU and/or CPU cooler before the transfer?
If you didn't, then it can very well be that something got damaged during the transfer.
dissembled everything and was very cautious during the move to ensure no damage. Reassembly was smooth as well and nothing appeared to have been damaged

UserBenchmarks: Game 88%, Desk 81%, Work 88%
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X - 79.6%
GPU: Nvidia RTX 2070S (Super) - 109.3%
SSD: Adata SU750 1TB - 39%
RAM: Adata 2x8GB - 74.3%
MBD: Asrock B450M/ac

is this what you're referring to?
1 thing at a time. The cpu is not boosting at all, what’s the cpu temperature when running userbenchmark? If temperature is ok I’d try resetting the BIOS to default settings and then reset RAM DOCP to 2666. Then re-run the test and see if the cpu performance improves.

Reactions: dotas1
Jul 7, 2021
1 thing at a time. The cpu is not boosting at all, what’s the cpu temperature when running userbenchmark? If temperature is ok I’d try resetting the BIOS to default settings and then reset RAM DOCP to 2666. Then re-run the test and see if the cpu performance improves.
how do I check the cpu temp while running userbenchmark? Apologies, as you can see, my knowledge is pretty limited here

how do I check the cpu temp while running userbenchmark? Apologies, as you can see, my knowledge is pretty limited here
I like MSIAfterburner. Although aimed at monitoring gpu’s you can select to monitor cpu temperature in the options. This program plots a nice graph so you can see what is happening over time. Another good program is HWInfo but is doesn’t plot a graph but will show you the maximum temperature achieved.

Jul 7, 2021
I like MSIAfterburner. Although aimed at monitoring gpu’s you can select to monitor cpu temperature in the options. This program plots a nice graph so you can see what is happening over time. Another good program is HWInfo but is doesn’t plot a graph but will show you the maximum temperature achieved.
cpu is currently 80 C and max 90 C

Jul 7, 2021
is that too hot?

Jul 7, 2021
Unless you know there is now way to tell. Do you know if it is an air cooler or an AIO (All in One water cooler)? Can you share a picture of it. Also make sure it is securely locked down on the cpu.
I will try to get a picture, I’m pretty sure it’s not a water cooler, looks like it’s just a fan

View: https://imgur.com/a/5zU584l

Let me know if this picture is accessible sizzlin
That’s an AIO water cooler, I cannot tell which one. AIO’s often suffer the pump dying. When it’s running can you feel any vibration when you place a finger on the top of the part mounted on the cpu? Something else to try is running userbenchmark again, maybe twice and when the cpu is hot see if one of the pipes is hotter than the other. One pipe should be taking warm/hot water away from the cpu.

Jul 7, 2021
I will see when I turn it back on, but if there’s no vibration/if the pump is faulty, is that something that’s fixable or should I just buy a new cooler and install?

I will see when I turn it back on, but if there’s no vibration/if the pump is faulty, is that something that’s fixable or should I just buy a new cooler and install?
It’s time for a new cooler. The small 120mm AIO you have are not a good choice unless really tight on space. The 120mm perform worse than similar priced air coolers. Really we need to know what case you have as it may not be able to take a larger AIO or might have a hight limit for an air cooler.

The 3700x is quite a cool running cpu so you don’t need anything too expensive. There are loads of good options, this might help with some ideas https://www.pcgamesn.com/best-cpu-cooler#:~:text=The best CPU cooler in 2021 – our,whether you’re shopping from the UK or US.

Jul 7, 2021
It’s time for a new cooler. The small 120mm AIO you have are not a good choice unless really tight on space. The 120mm perform worse than similar priced air coolers. Really we need to know what case you have as it may not be able to take a larger AIO or might have a hight limit for an air cooler.

The 3700x is quite a cool running cpu so you don’t need anything too expensive. There are loads of good options, this might help with some ideas https://www.pcgamesn.com/best-cpu-cooler#:~:text=The best CPU cooler in 2021 – our,whether you’re shopping from the UK or US.
View: https://imgur.com/a/2C2UE5n

here’s a picture of my case, I see a Corsair with two fans that I believe should fit?