Feb 12, 2022
Back in november i tried to build a PC:

CPU : Intel I5 11400-F
MOBO: Asus Prime H510M-E
RAM: 2X Geil (8GB) DDR4 EVO POTENZA 3200Mhz (OC) 1.35V
PSU: Corsair CV 550W
GPU: GTX 970
SSD: Kingstom 500gb M2

It worked fine when i booted, also fine if i restart from the OS, the problem presents if i turn it off, then on. All sorts of memory problems, BSOD, and etc.
When i first boot the computer it works, but if i turn it off, it only works after 3 or 4 hours, i can keep it on for days, just cant turn it off.
On memtest86 no errors where found after 3 hours test on my first boot of the day, but if i turn it off the on, i get more than 30 errors in 2 minutes.

Tried to reduce ram clock, voltage on BIOS, same problems. Was able to replace my mobo with another from the same model, nothing changes.
Replaced the PSU, storage, tried another GPU, same errors, in the same way.

A friend used my RAM on his computer, and worked fine, no errors at all, and with his ram my PC works fine.

It is possible that the default timers of the ram are causing this somehow?

Solution
Hi Ibosso (y) and Welcome to the Forum :)

Have you checked if the kit your using is listed on the MB QVL to ensure they are tested and known to work with the MB and Bios.?
Is your Bios and chipset up to date.?
Is the kit you have in a single pack and not TWO separate DIMMS.
The P/N for your kit should be GAPR416GB3200C16ADC

If so they should work however you may have to tweak dram voltage. try upping voltage slightly in .01 steps to see if that works. You may have to manually enter the SPD Timings. You can also try the command rate from 1t-2t. There may also be an XMP profile to work with.

A clue is in the fact that you can boot eventually however a cold restart is rejected.

Check Memtest86 again each module and test...

Have you checked if the kit your using is listed on the MB QVL to ensure they are tested and known to work with the MB and Bios.?

If so they should work however you may have to tweak dram voltage. try upping voltage slightly in .01 steps to see if that works. You may have to manually enter the SPD Timings. You can also try the command rate from 1t-2t. There may also be an XMP profile to work with.

A clue is in the fact that you can boot eventually however a cold restart is rejected.

Check Memtest86 again each module and test both Dimms together for 4 passes and if any errors whatsoever then RMA the full kit. using another system to test is not valid as you describe as no two systems are the same.

Reactions: Ibosso
Solution
Feb 12, 2022

Check Memtest86 again each module and test both Dimms together for 4 passes and if any errors whatsoever then RMA the full kit. using another system to test is not valid as you describe as no two systems are the same.

Thank you for the help

The P/N is GAPR48GB3200C16BSC, both the bios and chipset are updated, two separate DIMMS (same brand/model), tried to increase the voltage , from 1.35 to 1.40, they're not on the MB QVL im afraid.
I dont know how to set de SPD manually, on BIOS i tried XMP1, XMP2, and the default, no luck with any of then.

Already tried to test each socket and memory individually, same error.
1644674116710.jpg

Back in november i tried to build a PC:

CPU : Intel I5 11400-F
MOBO: Asus Prime H510M-E
RAM: 2X Geil (8GB) DDR4 EVO POTENZA 3200Mhz (OC) 1.35V
PSU: Corsair CV 550W
GPU: GTX 970
SSD: Kingstom 500gb M2

It worked fine when i booted, also fine if i restart from the OS, the problem presents if i turn it off, then on. All sorts of memory problems, BSOD, and etc.
When i first boot the computer it works, but if i turn it off, it only works after 3 or 4 hours, i can keep it on for days, just cant turn it off.
On memtest86 no errors where found after 3 hours test on my first boot of the day, but if i turn it off the on, i get more than 30 errors in 2 minutes.

Tried to reduce ram clock, voltage on BIOS, same problems. Was able to replace my mobo with another from the same model, nothing changes.
Replaced the PSU, storage, tried another GPU, same errors, in the same way.

A friend used my RAM on his computer, and worked fine, no errors at all, and with his ram my PC works fine.

It is possible that the default timers of the ram are causing this somehow?
Just for yuks.
Replace the bios bat.
Cheap test.

One of the major NONOs is mixing RAM from different kits due to variations in Latency even if the specs are exactly the same. Manufacturers warn of this and that's why DIMMs are binned to conform with each other then placed into a single kit.
Return what you have and get a single kit (2x8) for 16Gb that are listed on the MB QVL.

Feb 12, 2022
One of the major NONOs is mixing RAM from different kits due to variations in Latency even if the specs are exactly the same. Manufacturers warn of this and that's why DIMMs are binned to conform with each other then placed into a single kit.
Return what you have and get a single kit (2x8) for 16Gb that are listed on the MB QVL.

Will do