Having main drive clone to secondary

Shadow336

Honorable
Oct 12, 2014
So my question is that is it possible to have it so that my main drive which will be an ssd constantly copy any data to my secondary drive which will be a regular hdd so that encase of failure I can boot from my secondary drive without any problems.

Solution
you can use a tool like acronis or clonezilla to take a entire hard disk image, then put that image onto another hard disk, being a ssd or a hard disk

not sure how that handles the size difference, most times the ssd will be smaller and hard disk larger but is doable

you could also run a raid setup, that way two hard disks will have the same information, if one dies, the other takes control of the system but if you mess up the install with a virus, malware or something else, both hard disk will have the bad installation so they will not be a backup like acronis or clonezilla

atljsf

Honorable
BANNED
you can use a tool like acronis or clonezilla to take a entire hard disk image, then put that image onto another hard disk, being a ssd or a hard disk

not sure how that handles the size difference, most times the ssd will be smaller and hard disk larger but is doable

you could also run a raid setup, that way two hard disks will have the same information, if one dies, the other takes control of the system but if you mess up the install with a virus, malware or something else, both hard disk will have the bad installation so they will not be a backup like acronis or clonezilla

Solution