Having Ping issues

Jackie Hakura

Reputable
Aug 23, 2014
Hello there.I am a gamer and i play Counter strike source quite often.I live in india so i get like 250-300 ping in US servers as usual.But i have a random ping issues.Like in an singaporian server i get like 87-100 ping.The problem is my ping sometime increases to 135-170 and sometimes its 85-100.When i reset my modem 2-3 times my ping is constant and low i.e. from 87-100 range.I just have to ask if there is solution to fix this.One more thing.The ping always remain constant in the US servers.This is only happening to me in UK and ASIAN servers.This started to happen like 1 month ago.Before that i constantly had a ping of 87-100.After i reinstalled windows 7 this all started happening.So,is this a windows related issue or modem related.Any help would be appreciated!
My modem settings:
Router: MTNL T-KD 318-EUI
Speed:2mbps
Also my nets starts disconnecting and connecting again when i am in-game(This happens rarely)

ovechkin678

Reputable
Apr 10, 2014
Are you connected with a cable, or wireless?

On your end you can check for packet loss. (This can be accomplished doing a continuous ping in Command Promt if you know how or an easier way is to just go to pingtest.net and run their test) Most packet loss findings (If there are any) will need to be resolved by your ISP.