Question Having serious artifacts randomly after 10mo of no issues

jwwilsonjared

Honorable
Jan 10, 2018
Seems like almost every single program on my computer wants to change sizes and get all scrambled looking. Anyone know what this could be? Pc specs include
Gpu:4070 ti
Cpu:7900x
Ram: gskill ddr5 32gb
Psu: Corsair rm850
I did a fresh install of windows thinking it would help but the issues persists even after a clean wipe. Just uninstalled graphics drivers and reinstalled them that didn’t change anything I might be running my psu to hard but I’m not sure if this is a not enough watts thing or my gpu is going out from me running it so hard. If you’ve experienced this any advice would help thank you.

Last edited:

Order 66

Grand Moff
Apr 13, 2023
Your PSU may be failing because it is 7 years old at this point. Try borrowing (or buying) a newer PSU that is also of good quality, and see if that helps. (It may not help but at least it will either confirm or eliminate the PSU as the source of the problem.)

jwwilsonjared

Honorable
Jan 10, 2018
I replaced the psu that didn’t change a thing either thinking about rma my cpu and maybe mobo because those are the only 2 things it could be at this point.

jwwilsonjared

Honorable
Jan 10, 2018
Did you actually physically remove graphics card from system and test with integrated graphics?
You have to take it out.

Try with a different video cable.
Try disabling A-XMP/DOCP in BIOS.
I removed it. And also I’m already using 3 different cables both hdmi and normal display port the cable changes nothing. And I changed the psu so I know all the connections and cables on the inside are hooked up well.

jwwilsonjared

Honorable
Jan 10, 2018
I removed it. And also I’m already using 3 different cables both hdmi and normal display port the cable changes nothing. And I changed the psu so I know all the connections and cables on the inside are hooked up well.
The real question now is it my cpu messing up or my mobo it’s either one or the other.

jwwilsonjared

Honorable
Jan 10, 2018
Probably ram.

Visual artifacts usually are related to gpu/ gpu vram.
If you get same artifacts with iGPU, this would indicate problem with ram (iGPU uses system ram as vram).

Also check cpu temperature.
Cpu temps are fine I check that all the time while gaming. Appreciate the input till probably order some new ram just to try before rma anything.

Latest posts