[SOLVED] Having some hard drive issue

miha381

Honorable
Jan 8, 2014
I never encountered this type of problem. Few days ago I unplugged my hard drive to bring it to my friends house so he can copy-paste me bunch of files from his drive. Once I returned it and turned on the PC all of those files I transfered were not there, but space was taken. After I ran the recovery scan I found all those files "lost" and recovered em and all of 'em were okay, no corrupted files, tho after recovery that taken space was doubled. Now those 60 gigs of files took 120 gb of space because I had recovered version and somewhere "lost" version that I can't get rid of. I'm wondering what's the problem there? How can I recover that space without formating the drive?

Thanks.

Solution
Hi, another thought: did you copy his files from another OS ? sometimes Filesystems are not recognized by other Operating systems.

Like Mac-OS and NTFS are not always compatible. I'm not a big Mac -expert but it happened to me that my ntfs drive is visible on a macbook but when I want to copy files onto it it refuses!

Good luck finding the files.
Louise.

miha381

Honorable
Jan 8, 2014

Thanks for your opinion. I'm not in the position atm to format the drive. I have no space amount for that much data now to back it up.

Hello and thanks for answering. I have hidden files on show so that is not the problem, I'm just wondering what hard drive problem there is. Is it failing or some format thing is involved?

Louise Porkolt

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2014
Hi, another thought: did you copy his files from another OS ? sometimes Filesystems are not recognized by other Operating systems.

Like Mac-OS and NTFS are not always compatible. I'm not a big Mac -expert but it happened to me that my ntfs drive is visible on a macbook but when I want to copy files onto it it refuses!

Good luck finding the files.
Louise.

Solution