[SOLVED] Having to bend EVERYTHING to get it to fit...

NukaB

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2013
Hi guys

upgrading my motherboard, RAM and CPU. It’s H470 ATX board, in a CIT Dark Star case.

the issue I’m having is that everything is having to bend to fit in. The PCB of the mobo is at an angle, the back plate of the case in which the GPU screws into had to be forced together, and I’m not sure the GPU is inside the PCI slot properly. It looks to be sagging and I can’t boot to test as the RAM hasn’t arrived yet.

will the system be okay like this? I’m worried about there being pressure on the case. Thinking I may just lay it on its side so there’s less ‘sag’?

pics for reference...
https://ibb.co/JCHFBt8

Solution
no it will not be ok. it should all fit right.

at times i had similar issues and it is usually the i/o panel not fitting right. that's usually where you have to get it to fit right. try taking the i/o plate included with the mobo off for a minute and see if it all of a sudden fits right. this will tell you if that is the issue.

if so, then pay more attention to how it fits into the case and then how the mobo fits into it as you install it.

do not let it stay the way it is. all the added pressure will eventually cause it to give and that won't be a good thing!!

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador

at times i had similar issues and it is usually the i/o panel not fitting right. that's usually where you have to get it to fit right. try taking the i/o plate included with the mobo off for a minute and see if it all of a sudden fits right. this will tell you if that is the issue.

if so, then pay more attention to how it fits into the case and then how the mobo fits into it as you install it.

do not let it stay the way it is. all the added pressure will eventually cause it to give and that won't be a good thing!!

Solution

NukaB

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2013

i think it’s how the motherboard is screwing in; it seems to be too far recessed into the case, if that makes sense? if I unscrew the mobo, the gpu can line up perfectly, but then the mobo is about 0.5cm away fron the back of the case.

ah... I seem to be missing some standoff screws?

Last edited: